Thrice - The Alchemy Index [Reissue]

8 hours ago, August West said:

Coming from Shitbag's customer service team, it's not worth a whole hell of a lot.  I won't believe anybody's has shipped until people start posting pictures of the album in their clutches.  And i'm PRAYING that they pack these better than they packed the NIN releases.  I'm going to be pissed af if mine shows up mangled as a result of an obviously shitty job packing it.

15 minutes ago, andables said:

nice, i ordered in the second batch right when it went up on black friday at 10AM and just got a shipping confirmation from for this. maybe due to cancelled orders from the first batch when it went up earlier than they thought it would? 

Came here to post this. I'm in the same boat. 

Am i reading this right?  you both ordered from the pre-order for the "we fucked up and the distro company put it up too early" repress and have already gotten shipping confirmation?  As if to say you're being given a record out of the initial batch of records?  if that's true, that seems odd to me.

1 minute ago, thesecrets0308 said:

Am i reading this right?  you both ordered from the pre-order for the "we fucked up and the distro company put it up too early" repress and have already gotten shipping confirmation?  As if to say you're being given a record out of the initial batch of records?  if that's true, that seems odd to me.

I don't find it odd. I think it follows suit perfectly.  Shitbag (as they are horrendously shitty) are probably pulling order data from what should be a secondary pool of orders by customers who SHOULD be in line for an as-yet-not manufactured product. What probably happened is, even if ShitBag is conscious of the fact that there should be two separate pools, they are simply pulling order data in no particular syntax and with no adherence to the concept of how there should be two separate order pools (based on the promises of the band) and in an effort to do a shitty job in as fast of a rush as possible, are just pulling any order data and sending the currently manufactured sets to what I have to assume is likely a mixture of orders from both of what should be two very separate pools.

This makes the most sense as ShitBag are infinitely shitty.

Just now, mcpherson123 said:

I don't find it odd. I think it follows suit perfectly.  Shitbag (as they are horrendously shitty) are probably pulling order data from what should be a secondary pool of orders by customers who SHOULD be in line for an as-yet-not manufactured product. What probably happened is, even if ShitBag is conscious of the fact that there should be two separate pools, they are simply pulling order data in no particular syntax and with no adherence to the concept of how there should be two separate order pools (based on the promises of the band) and in an effort to do a shitty job in as fast of a rush as possible, are just pulling any order data and sending the currently manufactured sets to what I have to assume is likely a mixture of orders from both of what should be two very separate pools.

This makes the most sense as ShitBag are infinitely shitty.

This is the most spot-on thing i think you've ever said on VC.  i was trying not to avoid throwing sandbag under the bus already in my post by simply saying it was "odd" while i was really thinking to myself "here comes the next adventure with shitbag......"  very well said and i'll bet you are right.

Those of you that ordered the "Second" batch and have now received notification, did you order the first day the second batch went up?

If so it could definitely be that there are a few people at the beginning of the line lucky enough to grab a few leftovers of cancelled orders/overrun/etc from the first batch.

But I'm just playing devil's advocate, I was on the NIN/Sandbag journey too :|

8 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

This is the most spot-on thing i think you've ever said on VC.  i was trying not to avoid throwing sandbag under the bus already in my post by simply saying it was "odd" while i was really thinking to myself "here comes the next adventure with shitbag......"  very well said and i'll bet you are right.

I get a thing or two right every few moons or so.

I think my assessment is based on not only the recent string of debacles with Shitbag but also after so many years of watching how "companies" come out of the woodwork and use corporate sounding language to imbue their brand with a misplaced sense expertise and experience when in actuality, in an effort to make any kind of living in this rotted out corpse of an economy, they feign credentials and find ways to score big accounts but after all of their bullshit they sold to their clients it is revealed through practice that they just simply can't perform on the desired scale. I see this shit all the time. There are no experts anymore. Just bullshitters playing expert.

Edited by mcpherson123

59 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

question... in your account screen where the orders are on thrice's website, does it say fulfilled now instead of unfulfilled?

You weren't asking me, but I got the shipping notification today. I just checked and it said fulfilled

Edited by Ratsky9

6 minutes ago, ethereal said:

first waver here and still haven’t received shipping confirmation. apparently can’t check my account cuz I checked out as a guest ahh

same boat as you. ordered within an hour or two of it accidentally going up.

edit: I got another email to create a thrice account when I checked out and didn't see it. Set it up and I show unfulfilled. 

Edited by Rezqua