PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

4 minutes ago, hxcoliver said:

Off Topic: Every time I look at your avatar it reminds me that I still need Deloused and Frances on vinyl... :(

Their concerts were just totally mind blowing - saw them three times, but wasn't into vinyl back then.

27 minutes ago, hxcoliver said:

Damn you. Thank you. But gold and teal? Those are like... king tut colors.

Alright, that's the absolute last I can possibly spend on this.  I got way too caught up. I feel like I'm recovering from a bender.

4 minutes ago, colbourne25 said:

Anyone else think all these variants is ridiculous? Or just me?

Not much more than the rest of their variants that cause fans to buy like 4 different versions....

That said, it's been fun seeing who is putting out what, with plenty of crazy stuff still to come, I'm sure.

28 minutes ago, hxcoliver said:

Curious how they have 200 wax mage when lists 25 per order on the gottagrove price Matrix (although someone has said that jett have a special relation ship with wax mage)  Would still be glad of some confirmation on this and that they are not just regular splatter records from gottagroove.  The one thing that i find pretty disgusting however is that on the nomadeel bandcamp they are selling the digital album when it is going to be free!

1 hour ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Damn you. Thank you. But gold and teal? Those are like... king tut colors.

Alright, that's the absolute last I can possibly spend on this.  I got way too caught up. I feel like I'm recovering from a bender.

At least this one will have a different variation on the cover. And wax mage variants are always pretty badass 

1 hour ago, phramenma said:

Off Topic: Every time I look at your avatar it reminds me that I still need Deloused and Frances on vinyl... :(

Their concerts were just totally mind blowing - saw them three times, but wasn't into vinyl back then.

When did you see them? The first time I ever saw them was when bedlam came out. Wish I could’ve caught them during frances or amputechture. 

Deloused is so pricey still, even the MOV presses from a few years ago sell for about a hundred or more. Fucking ridiculous. There are literally thousands of copies out there

• This limited edition double LP, 12" release is handmade in real time using a record cutting lathe, with high quality and consistency being the ultimate goal. The records are individually cut, and part of the magic of these lathe cut records is that no two records are exactly the same - each disc is one-of-a-kind. Unique catalog numbers are hand cut onto each side of every record. Every record goes through a vigorous quality inspection process before leaving the factory.

This is how we release vinyl at Fishbum Records.

This record will be a surprise for you, one side black, one side transparent.

Track Listing:

. Crumbling Castle
    2. Polygondwanaland
    3. The Castle In The Air
    4. Deserted Dunes Welcome Weary Feet
    5. Inner Cell
    6. Loyalty
    7. Horology
    8. Tetrachromacy
    9. Searching…
    10. The Fourth Colour

Lathe cut in Montreal, Quebec by Zac DeCamp 

Includes digital pre-order of Polygondwanaland. The moment the album is released you’ll get unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus a high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more. 
      less
    digital album releases November 17, 2017
    item ships out on or around December 17, 2017
    edition of 50

Fishbum Record's pricing for this release covers all the costs of making the record as unique and of the highest quality possible. *We are not making a profit on this release*

So it's unclear to me if this is two one-sided LPs at 33rpm or the first label to cut the album at 45rpm over two discs?

And before anyone complains about the lack of colours, I'm almost 100% certain that you can only cut lathes on the "base" PVC types: black, clear and white (not sure I've seen a lathe-cut on white wax personally).

EDIT: Since this is a lathe pressing, and shipping was 3 bucks, I had to buy one.  Given the timing of when they went live with this, I wonder whether or not a disproportionate amount of collectors in Japan, Australia, Russia and Europe will nab this before a lot of NA folk do.

Edited by armadillo01

3 minutes ago, MrMystery said:

Nomad eel is selling the mp3s for 1$ ! Error ???

This shit 's going crazy...

If only you read what they posted: "Valued music lovers. Bandcamp will not allow anything less than a $1.00 for a pre-release download so the $1.00 you see is just a formality. So please, please, please, please DO NOT BUY the digital down load for anything more than $0.00 as the the band is giving this digital release away for same price, free."

3 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

If only you read what they posted: "Valued music lovers. Bandcamp will not allow anything less than a $1.00 for a pre-release download so the $1.00 you see is just a formality. So please, please, please, please DO NOT BUY the digital down load for anything more than $0.00 as the the band is giving this digital release away for same price, free."

my bad...

3 hours ago, cambionic said:

Over the next few months I'll remember how many variants I purchased in my compulsive buying episode.

Yep these things will keep coming in the post for months I reckon

2 hours ago, Mikizee said:

Ughhhh do I buy the lathe cut or not

I probably should 

edit- I bought it

That dilemma lasted roughly 3 to 4 seconds for me.

I'm actually considering doing a pressing and donating the proceeds to charity, inspired by that Kickstarter. What charity, I have no idea. One that doesn't get a lot of publicity. Maybe something to do with animals. I reckon it would be a fun and worthwhile exercise. But how to make it different from the other gazillion pressings out there? Maybe make it...... black!