PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

7 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

So it's unclear to me if this is two one-sided LPs at 33rpm or the first label to cut the album at 45rpm over two discs?

And before anyone complains about the lack of colours, I'm almost 100% certain that you can only cut lathes on the "base" PVC types: black, clear and white (not sure I've seen a lathe-cut on white wax personally).

EDIT: Since this is a lathe pressing, and shipping was 3 bucks, I had to buy one.  Given the timing of when they went live with this, I wonder whether or not a disproportionate amount of collectors in Japan, Australia, Russia and Europe will nab this before a lot of NA folk do.

Lathe cuts are always one-sided, right? I'd probably go for a 45rpm version too.

Slow evening- only 2 new variants announced

13 minutes ago, Darnoc said:

Lathe cuts are always one-sided, right? I'd probably go for a 45rpm version too.

Slow evening- only 2 new variants announced

Nope lathe cuts don't need to be one-sided. Got a 7 inch lathe cut on both sides only this week

1 minute ago, TheDuke said:

Only just gone mid day here! I'm expecting more to come...but it's already getting too much....I can't buy anymore, got 20 already.....this is just ridiculous!

20!!!! OMG. 

Haha my 5 looks restrained in comparison! 

13 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

I know...I think I rather let my enthusiasm get the better of me yesterday! I'm just one of those that hate to miss on a new release..but this one is going to be impossible to get all of them....so i'm trying to restrain myself! But there's two Wax Mages out now...I wanna wax mage...and I haven't bought the VC one yet cos postage still hasn't been sorted out yet.....then there's the two on Homelessvinyl...which i'm for them to put the designs up....so to decide if I want those....neddlejuice have put up another variant called the 4th colour http://needlejuicerecords.com/product/polygondwanalandlp2/ and i'm still deciding on that Fishbum lathe cut one...it's just goes on and on!

Can somebody tell me what's so special about the Fishbum one? I thought all records were lathe cut...but obviously not....how are normal records made then?

I can tell you that Lathe cut ones will usually have a lot of surface noise and imperfections. Just an inherent part of the hand cut process

Am thinking of one more varrant with the inverted artwork

Edited by craigeduk
addition

On 11/14/2017 at 1:55 PM, hsp88 said:

Greenway Records is jumping in! Limited to the exact amount sold for one weeks time, special test pressing will include hand printed cover from Gizz poster legend Dan Curran (signed & numbered)

http://greenwayrecords.storenvy.com/products/22300512-king-gizzard-and-the-lizard-wizard-polygondwanaland-pre-order

day 3 bump! This on-sale will end Tuesday 11/21 @ 11:59 EST and the press will be ordered.

8 minutes ago, AlexTheKid said:

Strawberry-rhubarb jam.

Rhubarb Records & XVinylX are teaming up on this one to open up a new dimension in vinyl manufacturing possibilities!

The "mystery" coloured vinyl will be housed in luxurious heavyweight reflective silver foil laminated gatefold sleeve with psychedelic spot UV printing and include hidden artwork and a full colour poster. 

2 hours ago, MicLima said:

I wouldn't bet on it, flippers will buy all this up just for flips sake.

Maybe true for the labels that were quick to jump on this like Blood Music and Fuzz Club, but at this point it's clear the supply is going to far outweigh the demand.  There aren't THAT MANY completists out there, at least not ones willing to spend thousands to get dozens of different variants.

Edited by hammertime

10 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

There is reddit page that has all of the releases....just bookmark this..it's a hellva lot easier!

Only lists the vinyl releases though, not cds and cassettes

https://www.reddit.com/r/KGATLW/comments/7da1aa/constantly_updating_complete_guide_to/

I knew about that page but I continued to update my post anyway, I think during the initial rush that page didn't have every release but it's been beefed up since then.  It looks good.