PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

On 11/17/2017 at 11:02 AM, warhenrecords said:

Here ya go.

100 copies.

Black wax.

Hand-stamped center labels.

Totally unique artwork made by human beings as much as possible.

80 are up online. 20 are being held back for locals.

They'll ship as soon as I get em.

https://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/warhen023-polygondwanaland-lp

Thanks to everyone who orders.

HUGE thanks to the band, as this is a pretty rad kickdown to small labels like me.

Edited by warhenrecords

17 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

Seems to be a real problem in the States regarding copyright laws there. Has ATO claimed exclusive rights to Poly, then? Bit confusing since the album supposed to be copyright free!

If it’s even remotely possible to F something up, some American will find a way to do it. 

Probably just because a Facebook post doesn't magically nullify laws, the legality issues had to be looked at. It just means a bunch of red tape leading up to King Gizzard having to sign something that says yes, legally we are making this artistic piece free use for all with no exceptions. Maybe if there are exceptions they have to take a look at it, because not every imaginable situation has happened, yet. I'm not intensely aware of the processes involved.

They'd probably do well to make it undeniably official, because of some of these guys don't cough up the records, King Gizzard can't be culpable, if this is supposed to work.

10 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

I was looking forward to seeing what ATO produces...but if they've nabbed it all for themselves, then kinda spoils it for any other US variant.  What is the legal issue in the states regarding copyright?

King Gizz has publily said it's not theirs..so why all the hassle in USA? Got no probs anywhere else!

I think Gotta Groove is just protecting themselves. I’m sure they will press these records, I think they just need direct approval from the band and not just hearsay from the Internet. 

9 hours ago, GazHilarant said:

So. What has everyone ordered?  I went with both fuzz club variants and that's all so far!

The yellow w/ blue splatter one from Blood Music, plus the Gruesome Twosome edition with that alternate cover. I usually don't buy more than one variant of a record, but can definitely see myself grab a few more (if it wasn't for shipping costs I would've done so already). Would have liked a fuzz club variant as well, but missed out on the colored ones

15 hours ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Did you ask em?

They posted on FB & confirmed that they had finalised all details with the pressing plant

13 hours ago, GazHilarant said:

So. What has everyone ordered?  I went with both fuzz club variants and that's all so far!

•  

2 x Blood Music  - Yellow/Blue Splatter & Red

Gruesome Twosome/Same Ghost - Clear with Pink Blob Black/Orange Splatter with alternate sepia cover

Cranes Records - Black with silver & black outer cover

Stolen Bodies - Green Ogre

Too Many Records/Vinyl Moon - Teal

Constantrotation - "Goblin Cock" 

Bubblewrap Collective/Phwoar & Peace  - Red & Black (cancelled Rough Trade Pink for this)

1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

TEASE: there's going to be a pretty amazing surprise tomorrow for the kickstarter charity variant

Prepare your wallet 

Duly noted! I was going to buy a teal and play it out the most, treat  as my "standard" version.

I'm also waffling on the VC edition.