PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

1 hour ago, DecayToDeath said:

I wonder if there are going to be discrepancies between the number of tracks on each side between presses. Some labels might opt for 5 / 5 and others might go for 4 / 6.

They should all be identical, since it seems like they did the right thing and made one master WAV file per side.

As per the official announcement they say:

It will contain a Side A and a Side B WAV file as well as a PQ log for both sides with metadata for the pressing plant. 

20 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

They should all be identical, since it seems like they did the right thing and made one master WAV file per side.

As per the official announcement they say:

Good catch--I saw the 2LP 45RPM announcement and thought every versionhad to make that call.

3 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Good catch--I saw the 2LP 45RPM announcement and thought every versionhad to make that call.

I'm wondering if the reason why it was posted relatively late in the game is because they asked the band for some kind of exception, to break the files into four. I wonder if the band/band's masterer is anal enough to want to generate a new data-set for a 45rpm pressing...

20 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

15 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

I'm wondering if the reason why it was posted relatively late in the game is because they asked the band for some kind of exception, to break the files into four. I wonder if the band/band's masterer is anal enough to want to generate a new data-set for a 45rpm pressing...

Yeah, I saw that 2LP version as well, figured they just took the individual HQ WAV files that were also provided per individual track, and stuck them together to made SideA/SideB/SideC/SideD WAV files. 

As per the official announcement they say they've provided the tracks as such:

Available as high quality MP3 files 320 kbps (≈100 MB) or uncompressed WAV files (≈500 MB). 

Edited by EHughes527

25 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

Yeah, I saw that 2LP version as well, figured they just took the individual HQ WAV files that were also provided per individual track, and stuck them together to made SideA/SideB/SideC/SideD WAV files. 

As per the official announcement they say they've provided the tracks as such:

"It will be pressed from the 24-bit vinyl masters." So the vinyl master is being cut up into four files instead of the two originally provided. 

Is that needleJuice picture disc the 1st picture disc to be listed so far?  I might add to my list if the selections for the pictures were better but I'm not too keen on the design on that one.

http://allthingsloud.bigcartel.com/product/king-gizzard-the-lizard-wizard-polygondwanaland-classic-black-edition-vinyl-pre-order

Black version up from ATL limited to 25 copies & different coloured artwork (as with all their variants)

Edited by craigeduk

On 11/17/2017 at 3:14 PM, hsp88 said:

Day 4 bump for Greenway version, on Tuesday the sale will end and the press will go OOP 

http://greenwayrecords.storenvy.com/products/22300512-king-gizzard-and-the-lizard-wizard-polygondwanaland-pre-order

Sunday Bump! On Tuesday the Greenway press will become sold out and OOP! Heads up this version is still smaller than most other I see! I'll announce full press info once the order is placed