PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

1 hour ago, phramenma said:

Sorry that I get to respond to this farce just now.

i had a busy day but this has been on my mind the whole time.

You're doing a charity project for an institution called RAINN but would be allowing something like "suck a duck, butch" to be engraved on the vinyl.

Wow, like really? Do you even understand what you'd be doing there? Putting it right in the face of RAINN. Here's your money and a real copy for you with a special message. Enjoy.

If this should turn out true then I'll be definitely cancelling my purchase - and I hope a lot of other people would feel offended, too.

Don't get me wrong - I definitely don't want to spoil any fun of this project. But this would just be more than offensive - not only regarding RAINN.

Just think about it for a moment and please let me know asap.

Jesus I was kidding. 

9 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

WoW! That looks pretty sick! :)

Why don't you do Gizzy one like that? Looks fab! Make it ultra limited, for added exclusivity.

its so crazy to make records like this, making only 60 for Gizz would be wild, The version I'm making for Gizz is gonna be fucking beautiful I promise! My shitty photoshop mockup will look like a joke when you see how that idea comes to life ; ) 

Edited by hsp88

... I got so caught up in the preorder madness that I just now realized I'm not a *huge* fan of this album. I really like all the acoustic guitar and synth elements, but I also think it's exhibit A for what King Gizz has been doing more and more, which is just singing the guitar melodies for the vocal parts. I've always found that a somewhat lazy songwriting technique, and it's all over this album. Like I said though, the sound and feel of the album is really cool.

54 minutes ago, hsp88 said:

its so crazy to make records like this, making only 60 for Gizz would be wild, The version I'm making for Gizz is gonna be fucking beautiful I promise! My shitty photoshop mockup will look like a joke when you see how that idea comes to life ; ) 

Any hints as to how it might differ from the mockup? That’s been one of the things keeping me from placing an order (sorry if that sounds shallow but with the amount of pressings going around and limited funds I’m really trying to land on one or two solid copies).

2 hours ago, GazHilarant said:

Another one up through the Vinyl Record Raffle Community, the guy pressing this one raffles a lot of rare and uncommon Gizzard stuff and is a big fan, I presume he would be making use the quality is high on this. Sounds interesting

https://hot-wax-records.myshopify.com

This looks great, love the alternate artwork and vinyl color. My first order. Shipping to PNW is more expensive than the record itself, but it was priced low enough that overall it comes out to a fair price. 

2 hours ago, phramenma said:

Sorry that I get to respond to this farce just now.

i had a busy day but this has been on my mind the whole time.

You're doing a charity project for an institution called RAINN but would be allowing something like "suck a duck, butch" to be engraved on the vinyl.

Wow, like really? Do you even understand what you'd be doing there? Putting it right in the face of RAINN. Here's your money and a real copy for you with a special message. Enjoy.

If this should turn out true then I'll be definitely cancelling my purchase - and I hope a lot of other people would feel offended, too.

Don't get me wrong - I definitely don't want to spoil any fun of this project. But this would just be more than offensive - not only regarding RAINN.

Just think about it for a moment and please let me know asap.

"Peace and love, humans" work better?

6 minutes ago, got PTSD from RSD said:

If I keep my pledge at $305 and that second Permanent Residency package doesn't sell, can I buy the Wax Mage from that one to clear up the previous misunderstanding?

Our plan is to do an ebay auction for the final wax mage if it doesn't sell (for charity of course)

Edited by Kanye West

On 11/17/2017 at 7:21 AM, craigeduk said:

Another variant available from the UK. On red & black marbled. Actually some back cover art already in place for this one as well 

https://bubblewrapcollective.co.uk/product/polygondwanaland/

I just ordered this one too. The inclusion of back artwork and labels, plus nice looking not overdone vinyl color sold me overall. 

I thought I was just going to grab ONE version of this record and I've just ordered two already. Hope nothing super awesome comes out anytime soon or ever. Doubtful.

1 hour ago, spoon said:

Any hints as to how it might differ from the mockup? That’s been one of the things keeping me from placing an order (sorry if that sounds shallow but with the amount of pressings going around and limited funds I’m really trying to land on one or two solid copies).

Its gonna follow the vinyl design, half and half with splatter, the reddish side will be a hue that matches the art and the blue will be a really nice trans electric blue, the center labels will be much nicer and are being custom designed with the cover art ideas we got on friday, also the vinyl will come in a  full color inner sleeve with some amazing art also using the ideas we got friday. All of this inside a high quality jacket with back cover art thats super nice. Im stoked for it :)

Edited by hsp88

12 hours ago, Mikizee said:

Problem is, there are so many different pressings now, could I even sell 500? Even if I ordered now, they wouldn't be available until April-ish.

Exactly the reason I dropped my pressing to 100 from 250.

https://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/warhen023-polygondwanaland-lp

On 11/16/2017 at 4:04 PM, Kanye West said:

Wizard Blob is Gotta Groove hand pour. Wax Mage is /25 Nebula. Wax Mage works for Gotta. 

a friend told me that GGR is refusing to press this album until KGATLW answers their emails regarding licensing;

were you guys able to override that somehow?

23 minutes ago, ethereal said:

a friend told me that GGR is refusing to press this album until KGATLW answers their emails regarding licensing;

were you guys able to override that somehow?

We're in talks with band reps and GGR to figure it out. If we are unable to get the wax mage variant, we have a plan B that will be equally limited with a different (awesome) design. All backers have 3 weeks from now to edit or back out of a pledge, so we will have information well before that cutoff.