PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

3 hours ago, TheDuke said:

I think it's about time Constant Rotation & Homeless gave us some idea what their pressings are to look like...I bought the three CR ones, as they're British, so cheap for me...but still holding out on the Homeless ones.

Wouldn't mind going for the 2 Wax records editions, but I can't see them selling 500 copies of each in 2 1/2 weeks time. Would be nice if these websites would put up a counter of how many have sold, as some do.

Hot Wax have said that in the 1st 48 hrs of the pre order being up they sold 20% of the copies and that they will be putting an news page on their site to  update how its going.

looks like 380 left of standard and 409 of the box.

Edited by craigeduk

34 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

I've just been on Wax records & tried to check for myself..but the counter doesn't inform me as to how many are left, even after putting 501 copies in me cart!

It's a good start...but they still gotta sell the other 800 odd in less than 3 weeks!

Edit: I forgot to check out..i can see it now.

you have to put in 500 or so then go to checkout and you'll see it will state a number there

Yeah, The Duke is the real hero here. I was locked in for the first few days but I felt I spent enough money on this and my fervor died down, so I slacked on keeping up with the list. I missed Wax Mage and I didn't think to get the other Fuzz Club, which (besides the VC variant) are the ones I care about the most. Maybe I'll look over it tonight and check which have sold out etc.

This will be the most plentiful test pressing I've ever seen, though. 

I am right now mostly looking forward to that weird 7 inch from PIAPTK. And the laser disc thing. I'm starting to love the oddities, makes me think of all those vaporwave VHS and albums released on floppy disc that I scoffed at... 

7 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Anybody got any info on that facebook fan pressing and when it is going to be released? I'm not a member of FB.

I believe there’ll be a vote on vinyl colour tomorrow and art submissions will be closing Sunday. It’s a slowish process but the final product should come to $6ish so not bad at all.

16 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Another kickstarter edition up...looks promising....but backers bit slow currently....too late in the day, me wonders?  Looks and sound like a nice one to go for.

2 x 45 rpm Half and Half Blue/Gold Yellow (400) - plus 100 randomly picked splatter editions.

Claiming to be the only vinyl edition to feature the entire album:-

Mastered by Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound

Pressed by Pirate Pressings (boy aren't they going to be busy!)

The Aural Pleasure Records pressing will be the only vinyl release of the album confirmed to have the full-length album - no longer edited due to time limitations - sourced from an absolutely seamless combination of both the shorter better sounding master and the full-length one intended for digital releases. The better sounding master will be the basis for over 98% of the album, with the excised parts of the recording seamlessly restored to their rightful place

Aural Pleasure Records -

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/howlinwolf/king-gizzard-andthe-lizard-wizard-polygondwanaland?ref=card

I like this one. I hope more people back it....

2 minutes ago, Barberbro said:

I like this one. I hope more people back it....

I looked to back that but $35 isn't something that I can rationalise! 

41 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

I have been keeping up to date with the releases i can find...as one can see on the discogs page (in the reviews bit - username Dukeman)....I'm autistic (Asperger's Syndrome), so diligence & detail is a trait with me! I'm also one of 'those' completist's...although I confess I do not yet own all the King Gizz releases (I haven't started on PMDB yet)...some are now way out of my budget....but i'm really hoping KG do finally re-release the first four albums next year.

Would be nice if folks be willing to list what Poly orders they gone for...just to keep things ticking over till number 5 drops. Who has bought the most editions I wonder? I have 23 so far...hoe to get that up to 30 soon...but have missed a few...would've liked a Fuzz Club....so might get the standard black edition & cassette. Looking forward to getting my laserdisc, never had one those before. 

Finally....would anybody like to suggest on which of the releases gets shipped out first? My money is on the Laserdisk.

To all record vendors that frequent on here & VMP....please do by all means keep me updated with any info on your releases....shipping dates, numbers sold... etc   I'm a sucker for trivial pointless information like this....like I said, i'm a sad bugger!

I've got 9:

2 x Blood Music  - Yellow/Blue Splatter & Red

Gruesome Twosome/Same Ghost - Clear with Pink Blob Black/Orange Splatter with alternate sepia cover

Cranes Records - Black with silver & black outer cover

Stolen Bodies - Green Ogre

Too Many Records/Vinyl Moon - Teal

Constantrotation - "Goblin Cock" 

Bubblewrap Collective/Phwoar & Peace  - Red & Black 

Hot Wax - Milk & Honey (if it gets the desired 500 copies)

Being a completest of King Gizz certainly just got a lot harder!!! Glad I'm not that far down the line!!!  Of their LPs I'm just missing the 1st 2 after adding the Float Along / Oddments double earlier this year in a particularly flush moment. But will have to wait for reissues to complete the set. Also regret missing the opportunity to get the Head On Pill Picture disc on RSD few years ago, if only I'd heard them then!!!   

5 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

Yeah..I have managed to work out how to check quantities remaining now. IThey might sell the cheaper one out...but that boxset hasn't reach a 100 units yet. Personally that one sould be more exclusive..say 200-250 copies max...they could sell that amount..maybe. I hope they reduce it before Dec 11th..cos I want one!

I asked them on FB if the 500 units needing to sell was set in stone and it appears that it is.

2 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

BTW Craigduk....the Aural Pleasure edition is $21 not $35...ubless you've included postage on that too.

Which do you guys think has the best standard black version? I have only the Blood music one so far.

Yep the postage alone is $35 so $56 in total!!

I thought the Cranes Records was a nice black version seeing it comes in a nice outer cover & is 180g

13 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

Yeah..they've done something different there, I like it....hence the reason I like the Wax Honey version too....just something different. Yikes! That's expensive postage...I'm in the UK..so where are you? Wondering if it's going to cost as much for me?

I was hoping that last liquid filled one would go on auction, & or the last Wax Mage from the RAINN charity page...but no sign of it yet. I wonder if Kanya West (why has he chosen that moniker?) could let us know what's happening with that? I'd like the liquid one! :)

I'm in the UK too.  Thats why I've tried to go for the UK/EU pressings in the most part due to shipping. Made exceptions on the RAINN charity one as Teal was still only $35 inc postage to UK. And the Same Ghost was too nice to ignore.