PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

7 minutes ago, deadwax666 said:

That wording about the hypothetical minutes of grooves was taken from a different website called "Classic45s", but I totally get what you are saying. The person who originally wrote that probably exaggerated but it's just thrown in there to make a point about 45RPM cuts having better sound (which I think we can all agree is true). The wording about most audiophile pressings selling for $40 is probably generally true, but granted it probably wasn't necessary to put that on there. The people who want this record will buy it because they want it, not because it's a "good deal". There was probably just a lot of excitement to get the campaign up that there was too much focus on trying to "sell" it, if you know what I mean. 

Yeah I noticed after it was from a different site I must have been blinded by that hypothetical comparison haha. I saw a label pressing a single LP "audiophile" black version that used almost all hype words so I can't complain too much about this one when that one says:

Audiophile edition

Half-Speed Mastering 
12’ - heavyweight record 180G 
Black outer sleeve (350G) + Silver lamination 
Printed 4/0 Discobag - offset paper

Special edition limited to 500 pieces. 
350 pre-order only / 150 pieces available the 02/08 at Ground Zero

I lost it at "pieces" haha anything worded this way I instantly dismiss... infomercials need to stick to dumb shit on TV.

ATO live tomorrow at 1PM EST! It looks like they may have a mix of colours not dissimilar to the Rough Trade pic though it also looks like there may be some marble or splatter to a few of them

https://www.facebook.com/atorecords/photos/a.185843706755.156657.12848146755/10156364449686756/?type=3

1 minute ago, TheDuke said:

Does the playable bit detach from that? I can't quite see how one is suppose to play it!

I didn't take a great picture - I wanted the title to show against the white, since this is all clear - but if you look above the center colored tower you see the grooves emerging. There are two identical circles with multiple grooves on them, if you look to the right of the brick fireplace there is a center hole, one of two.

On 12/3/2017 at 3:52 PM, DecayToDeath said:

The great Secular Haze has returned! 

They're a little all over the place stylistically, but the "core" of their sound is best represented by the three albums Float Along - Fill Your LungsI'm In Your Mind Fuzz, and Nonagon Infinity.

I wasn't able to find Mind Fuzz, but I did check out Polygondwanaland last night.  It's definitely unique and I'll be playing it frequently to get into it.  Thanks, again.

10 minutes ago, Secular Haze said:

I wasn't able to find Mind Fuzz, but I did check out Polygondwanaland last night.  It's definitely unique and I'll be playing it frequently to get into it.  Thanks, again.

Nonagon Infinity is damn amazing. The album that turned me onto them. Definitely check that out. All of their stuff is on Bandcamp 

It seems I can't buy from Homeless. Country restrictions? Tectonic is almost exactly the colourway I've been hoping (Just wish it was yellow splatter and green where it's yellow now).

Nice to know Aural Pleasures hit its first benchmark. 180g is appreciated, even though it and every other stretch goal tier above it will only increase the shipping cost. We may be cheering each one achieved, but we won't be so happy at the accumulated shipping overage fee that comes with it. But I don't care. 2xLP 45rpm is the only reason why I have it pledged.

Edited by armadillo01