PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

7 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

I bagged two copies of that ATO reclaim edition.....you guys saying it's gunna be naff, so should I change my order to the tri color instead?

It's up to you. If you're cool with marble gray vinyl in a plain white jacket go for it. Just sayin the way they worded it is going to disappoint the fuck out of someone that thinks they'll be getting a cool looking record. White jacket repurposed vinyl records can't cost more than $2 per unit so there's also that 1000% markup on a free record to consider.

46 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

It's up to you. If you're cool with marble gray vinyl in a plain white jacket go for it. Just sayin the way they worded it is going to disappoint the fuck out of someone that thinks they'll be getting a cool looking record. White jacket repurposed vinyl records can't cost more than $2 per unit so there's also that 1000% markup on a free record to consider.

idk, this is posted on the ato site and not all records are a gray marble

lp1.gif

Edited by bridgesii

I bought one of those pressed-on-floor-sweepings "reclaimed" copies. I'm sure it'll look & sound  at least half assy, but to me there's something kind of cool about the one-off uniqueness of each copy. I like the hand-stamped & numbered cover. And I kind of just want a copy NAOW - even a shit one. 

I mean, it's not like anyone buys all those sand-o-phonic Mondo records for the pressing quality...

57 minutes ago, conedust said:

I bought one of those pressed-on-floor-sweepings "reclaimed" copies. I'm sure it'll look & sound  at least half assy, but to me there's something kind of cool about the one-off uniqueness of each copy. I like the hand-stamped & numbered cover. And I kind of just want a copy NAOW - even a shit one. 

I mean, it's not like anyone buys all those sand-o-phonic Mondo records for the pressing quality...

Rough trade are shipping next week. 24.99 shpiped on non recycled crap vinyl, in an actual sleeve with a lyric insert. Total No brainer

8 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Scalpers on discogs already putting their Rough Trade versions up for £30! But I see you've already pointed that out on discogs! lol! Gonna be a lot flippers trying to push these at stupid prices soon. Odd really, given that must be over 10K vinyl pressings to be had now!

Especially as at this point they are still available from Rough Trade. I was going to comment on this, normally you would expect a Rough Trade exclusive/100 to sell out within hours but these have been up now for well over a week. Still I suppose you can't blame people for trying, Christmas is coming and anyone would think there is a recession in the UK.

3 hours ago, Velocity of Sound said:

Was the plan for King Gizzard to release 5 albums in 2017?  Will #5 be a download on New Years Eve? 

I don’t see a physical release happening. 

I think I did read somewhere that “King Gizzard keeps their word”. 

They have said in various places (inc the Poly press release I think) that they will be meeting the 5 release schedule. While I'd also guess against a physical release being up at the initial release point its not totally out of the question seeing as they have obviously skipped in on #4. I'm thinking an xmas eve/day drop on download as the initial step.

On 12/5/2017 at 11:55 PM, youspinmeround said:

Rough trade are shipping next week. 24.99 shpiped on non recycled crap vinyl, in an actual sleeve with a lyric insert.

Already got standard-type copy coming from Blood Music , plus that nice-looking sepiatone version from whoeverthehell put it out. So, I don't need another more-or-less ordinary, nice, decent person's  copy. No, at this late (pre-release) stage, it's the sad janky weirdness of the fifty-cent floor sweepings model that most appeals. 

Edited by conedust
parity at all costs