PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

1 hour ago, MicLima said:

I can Confirm Just the 4 left to hit our 250 minimum order to run so it's looking very promising.  The box set has had some amazing backing since we released the latest design updates and mock ups too. Just 97 of those left now :-) If they manage to sell through, we will also have 250 CD's to pop up on the site as a standalone, which will most likely go up as a £9.95 price point inclusive of worldwide shipping. Really exciting project all in all :-) 

11 hours ago, spoon said:

My comment still stands... also those test pressings are a bit of a joke.

Down to the last 200 of the handstamped ATO copies.

Lol yeah I'll give it a pass if its one label doing the release and making "test" copies for fun without price gouging... but fuck I guess people don't care

Pocket Cat! laserdisc in today. That was quick. Plain white jacket with paper cover (and back) pasted on, but I assume this is a one man operation making a handful, so in that context this is actually stellar, given the technique and the whole point of the release allowing anyone to do anything.. I've never owned a laser disc but in the plastic it looked like dull gray silver vinyl, til I pulled it out, goddamn.There is a constant hiss as promised, but it did skip a tiny bit as well, in various places. Pretty much what you get with any other lathe. If anything this makes me excited for whichever pressing proves to be the most enjoyable, most people will have plenty to compare. For some reason I'm really set on Fuzz Club being the 'best'.

Fan pressing still to come, there was a snag with the voting and it turns out Pirates Press can’t reproduce the rainbow splatter effect that came out on top. Looks like the choice may switch to a clear w/ blob and splatter. 

It should be under $20 shipped once it’s ready to go so I’m happy to wait for that.

I am looking for a little project to keep me busy next summer... I've never pressed a record before, but I am seriously considering giving Polygondwanaland the same treatment Mount Eerie did to two of their records here:  https://pwelverumandsun.bandcamp.com/album/clear-moon-ocean-roar-condensed-versions-7   (all tracks overlapping and playing at once)  I chuckled at this when I saw it up for sale as a 7" in their store and had to get it.

My eyes really started to glaze over at these virtually unlimited variants of the same album!

But I loved what PIAPTK Records decided to do with the lathe-cut audio snippets though.

That's what I find most exciting about a talented band gifting the rights to a good record to everyone:  what can be done to it beyond just making a verbatim copy?

Any other ideas?

We are somewhere in this ballpark for artwork.

100 silk-screened covers, signed & numbered by the artist.

This will serve as the jacket, but can also be displayed as a poster should you want to do that.

https://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/warhen023-polygondwanaland-lp

24991377_1532110293571198_33583876080644

Don't want to interrupt the variant-o-rama going on, but I've decided only 4 songs on this album do much for me :( I had such high hopes after hearing Crumbling Castles, but it's easily my favorite track on the album. For me, this and MOTU rank easily at the bottom for 2017 King Gizz output. I wholeheartedly love Banana and Sketches though.

Edited by swazzyswess

1 hour ago, swazzyswess said:

Don't want to interrupt the variant-o-rama going on, but I've decided only 4 songs on this album do much for me :( I had such high hopes after hearing Crumbling Castles, but it's easily my favorite track on the album. For me, this and MOTU rank easily at the bottom for 2017 King Gizz output. I wholeheartedly love Banana and Sketches though.

Worse than Paper Mache Dream Balloon?

On 12/10/2017 at 8:37 PM, swazzyswess said:

I guess thats what makes them such a great band, that huge diversity within their own work. I think Poly and FMB are almost inseparable as my favourite two of this years material. MOTU for me, is possibly my least favourite of all of their releases, It has great parts but doesn't add up to a great collective for me. 

The sound engineer has also just revealed he thinks album #5 is probably the best this year haha! Can't imagine it will be long before we find out :)

Edited by cjtoon

23 hours ago, warhenrecords said:

We are somewhere in this ballpark for artwork.

100 silk-screened covers, signed & numbered by the artist.

This will serve as the jacket, but can also be displayed as a poster should you want to do that.

https://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/warhen023-polygondwanaland-lp

24991377_1532110293571198_33583876080644

Some more info:

The constellations depicted are that of the Southern Cross and its annual path throughout the sky.

All of the "pink" ink will (hopefully) be of the glow variety.

Probably more artwork/album credits on the opposite side of this image, the inside of the jacket.

7 hours ago, cjtoon said:

MOTU for me, is possibly my least favourite of all of their releases, It has great parts but doesn't add up to a great collective for me. 

I might agree with this, sadly. I like 2/3 of the album quite a bit, but all the robo-voiced barf talk at the end is a huge buzzkill. I mean, it's interesting and funny the first time through, but there's way too much of it.

Edited by conedust
...which is, i suppose, the point

21 minutes ago, conedust said:

I might agree with this, sadly. I like 2/3 of the album quite a bit, but all the robo-voiced barf talk at the end is a huge buzzkill. I mean, it's interesting and funny the first time through, but there's way too much of it.

Yeah it gets to be a bit much, especially the last third. Which sucks because the music in that album is so wild and awesome. I fucking love the altered beast/altered me segment. So good! 

I’ll be one of the few (if not the only one) that likes this better than Brunswick. Not digging that album at all. 

Polygon is really awesome. Although I wish it had another song or two in the same vein as crumbling castle. Love the energy on that song, definitely the best song on the album for me