PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

1 hour ago, zdkaiser said:

Unrelated to Poly...

But the King Giz 2xLP comp "Float Along - Fill Your Lungs/Oddments" just showed up on Amazon.  They emailed me.  Within seconds of getting the email, I ordered it, but it was listed as Temporarily OOS.  $26 total. Not sure if they only had one copy, or no copies, or are getting more. But, I placed an order even though it's OOS (no risk).

Better than the $200 - $400 copies going on discogs at the moment. 

Fingers crossed. 

No harm in trying! 

Cost me £175 for a copy so would be happy to get a 2nd copy for original price

On 3/21/2018 at 10:23 AM, craigeduk said:

Anyone in the UK or Europe who didn't get a shipping notification receive the VC pressing yet? Starting to get a little worried

Same here pal, I seem to remember something about shipping emails not going out but that they had been sent. @ethereal, did I get that right?

1 hour ago, Mattallurgist said:

Same here pal, I seem to remember something about shipping emails not going out but that they had been sent. @ethereal, did I get that right?

that’s correct, but it seems that some are being returned back to me.. I received one package today and a notice for another.

it looks like a friend who was helping me pack underestimated and/or didn’t change the weight and they got rejected at customs but am looking into it as we speak, as I’m not sure that was the sole issue.

i don’t know if this will be effecting all overseas shipments but it possibly could;

in which case they will be promptly sent back out (by me, with email and upgraded tracking info) so we can avoid this happening a second time. 

i will also be adding something to the shipments effected to hopefully make up for this issue and delay.

tl;dr if you haven’t received your package yet, don’t worry, we ran into some issues with postage. those effected willl be notified and compensated for the wait.

11 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

Fancy a Wax Mage? Jet Plastic put up a handful up again recently, only a 100 copies in total, just 4 left $30 Gold with Teal splatter.

I've snagged one..which means at long last..i finally got a Wax Mage...even it was pressed at GottaGroove...it's Wax Mage in my book! :)

I haven't received that one yet but wasn't it said that this one, like Nomad Eel, were pressed by Gotta Groove but weren't the signature wax mage lookin records? The only ones I knew of were the RAINN Charity one and Ethereal's. I did get Nomad Eel and it wasn't that type.

2 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

Aye, true it isn't as wacky as their usual offerings, but it says on Jet Plastic site, pressed by Wax Mage Records @ Gotta Groove...so read into that what you will...seems to be a WM pressing.

This is the one

Right, but that just looks like a splatter. I think it'd be misleading at this point to say that's a Wax Mage, I don't mean to nitpick but we learned that some pages ago. Compare your mock-up picture and Ethereal's phone picture of the record in his hand, the difference is huge.

Nomad Eel (also pressed at this place) glow in the dark w/ splatter looks great and has the same alt cover - not wax mage, though.

13 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

Yeah I know about that other one..but a gitd splatter? That's never gonna sound good, is it!

I would've loved one of Ethereals..but fated conspired against me..twice...so it's gone. There is  a copy on ebay..but the price is ridiculous & a hefty import charge loaded on it too....just too rich for my blood at around £200 or thereabouts. This is about as close as i'm gonna get to a WM pressing!

What photo by ethereal..haven't seen that.

page 43

33 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Doesn't Gotta Groove limit any Wax Mage variants to like 30 now? I don't see how they were able to order two pressings of 100 each unless they're very confused and think Gotta Groove is synonymous with WM.

I thought the Wax Mage people were Gotta Grove employees. I haven’t really been paying much attention to this kind of thing for a while so I may be wrong.

edit:

From the wax mage Storenvy FAQ:

I have a band and we want some crazy records like these. How do I get them?

To place an order for custom records, visit http://www.gottagrooverecords.com or email [email protected] and be sure to request Heath. You can also email [email protected] to speak to me directly about designs, but as for sales you have to contact Matt.

so yea, Wax Mage and GG seem to be the same thing.

Edited by dantheriver

26 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I thought the Wax Mage people were Gotta Grove employees. I haven’t really been paying much attention to this kind of thing for a while so I may be wrong.

edit:

From the wax mage Storenvy FAQ:

I have a band and we want some crazy records like these. How do I get them?

To place an order for custom records, visit http://www.gottagrooverecords.com or email [email protected] and be sure to request Heath. You can also email [email protected] to speak to me directly about designs, but as for sales you have to contact Matt.

so yea, Wax Mage and GG seem to be the same thing.

No I know that I'm saying because of that just because it's pressed at gotta groove doesn't mean it's Wax Mage. Even though all Wax Mage are Gotta Groove. 

5 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Fancy a Wax Mage? Jet Plastic put up a handful up again recently, only a 100 copies in total, just 4 left $30 Gold with Teal splatter.

I've snagged one..which means at long last..i finally got a Wax Mage...even it was pressed at GottaGroove...it's Wax Mage in my book! :)

https://www.jettplasticrecordings.com/products/king-gizzard-the-lizard-wizard-polygondwanaland-lp

Am I just being a hoe-bag, or is that a really ugly looking mock up? Having trouble visualizing the real product for this one.

Edited by V3XED