Kanye West

PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

one of my posts has disappeared, so just reposting this:

Another yellow vinyl offering from Exag records:

http://exagrecords.bigcartel.com/product/king-gizzard-the-lizard-wizard-polygondwanaland

Season Of Mist have in stock CD and black Vinyl supplied by Blood Music.

https://shop.season-of-mist.com/king-gizzard-the-lizard-wizard-polygondwanaland-cd-digipak

Edited by TheDuke
additional info

10 minutes ago, Darnoc said:

So... which pressing so far comes from the best pressing plant? Grabbed fuzz club's but could only get black, in for the  $1 digger... maybe that cz press?

Greenway Records press will be top notch! Limited to the exact amount sold for one weeks time, This on-sale will end Tuesday 11/21 @ 11:59 EST and the press will be ordered. 

http://greenwayrecords.storenvy.com/products/22300512-king-gizzard-and-the-lizard-wizard-polygondwanaland-pre-order

25 minutes ago, Jim Steele said:

So many options already.. Kinda glad I ordered the yellow w/ blue splatter Blood Music variant yesterday, so I don't have to stress too much about which option to choose. Only downside is that the BM variant doesn't seem to be limited at all.

Apparently BM will post copy numbers up soon, the plain coloured ones will be very limited to keep them 'special'.

3 minutes ago, Dr.SteveZissou said:

Most of these are going to sound the same because they’ll all be from the same vinyl master. It’ll come down to things that will effect sound. Ie splatter, hand made, black etc. Black vinyl theoretically will sound the best.

The pressing plant used also makes a huge difference regardless of the same master being used for all

4 minutes ago, Dr.SteveZissou said:

Also true. Gizz press all their records at pirate press and theyre not that impressive. 

I wanna chime in here just cause I know its a common misconception, pirates press is not a pressing plant, they are a broker to GZ, there are 100s of brokers to GZ, GZ is located in the Czech Republic and is one of the largest plants in the world with 65+ presses in operation. 

2 minutes ago, hsp88 said:

I wanna chime in here just cause I know its a common misconception, pirates press is not a pressing plant, they are a broker to GZ, there are 100s of brokers to GZ, GZ is located in the Czech Republic and is one of the largest plants in the world with 65+ presses in operation. 

Yep GZ is massive! And a few of the already announced versions of this will certainly being done by them

1 minute ago, hsp88 said:

Well where ever they ultimately get them pressed there seems to be a quality issue with the sound. To me it sounds like there’s no difference between what the vinyl sounds like and what the MP3 sounds like. Is that the plant? Or is it the vi to master? I personally don’t know. What I do know is that the sound quality of the records isn’t that great. 

Next question, who’s going to get this pressed at Pallas or RTI?

4 minutes ago, Dr.SteveZissou said:

Well where ever they ultimately get them pressed there seems to be a quality issue with the sound. To me it sounds like there’s no difference between what the vinyl sounds like and what the MP3 sounds like. Is that the plant? Or is it the vi to master? I personally don’t know. What I do know is that the sound quality of the records isn’t that great. 

Next question, who’s going to get this pressed at Pallas or RTI?

ya I agree and I think alot of the time  that has to do with the quality of the master and then the quality control in the test pressing phase. 

Edited by hsp88

6 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

The price couldn’t be better, but I feel switching the press count after the fact is poor form. 

I wouldn't too surprised if others will do that too. It still early days yet, and the album is not officially out, Needlepoint is a new operation, as I understand it...they probably underestimated the demand. Still...they could've done a 2nd variant, as many of the other labels are doing. I put it down to inexperience on their part. Just hope they come good on it!