PO NOW: The Faceless - On Becoming A Ghost

V3XED

Hello VC!

Very excited about this release, it is the fourth full length from the faceless.

One of the few bands where I have every first pressing! :D 

nBAY7rX.jpg

Titled "On Becoming A Ghost"

Pre-Orders and a new single on Haloween,

Album release on December 1st!

Edited by V3XED

8 hours ago, wootsmitty said:

Yes, about time!! I'm digging the artwork.

Hoping there are some interesting variant choices, along with black.

Nice collection!

I am also excited to see variants! I don't believe they have ever pressed anything on black wax, but 2/3 were with planet Hollywood not Sumerian.. so we will see.

Band can’t get their act together and the new vocalist isn’t as good as the last two. Not holding out for anything special. We’ll see.

Regardless of who was on vocals (I am a big Rydquist Fan) all the singles have been really strong IMO. Not too worried myself.

Its sort of impressive in its own way, that the lineup changes every 30seconds and yet they haven't made a bad album yet. 

16 hours ago, VinylMario said:

So not the same as Autotheism? Fuck oh well, as long as Micheal Keene is still doing clean vocals

Yep, the Keene Machine is still doing cleans. 

For A brief time their original vocalist rejoined the band (Derek Rydquist) and can be heard on "the spiraling void" single.  

But, the new album will feature Ken Sorceron (of Abbagail Williams fame) on unclean vocals, including their latest single "Black Star".

22 hours ago, V3XED said:

I am also excited to see variants! I don't believe they have ever pressed anything on black wax, but 2/3 were with planet Hollywood not Sumerian.. so we will see.

Regardless of who was on vocals (I am a big Rydquist Fan) all the singles have been really strong IMO. Not too worried myself.

Its sort of impressive in its own way, that the lineup changes every 30seconds and yet they haven't made a bad album yet. 

Hollywood was Sumerian, but they’re closed now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, I never really got my hopes up for anything better... but....

Vinyl doesn't ship for 5 months, shipping costs are the usual ridiculous amount, and every variant is a splatter <_<
STILL, I think the new track is pretty cool (FLUTE SOLO?), and I am an idiot so I am grabbing one of each  (Clear and  Pink)

It doesn't say anywhere.... but I am really hoping these are 180g, just because the three previous albums all are.

Edited by V3XED

On 10/21/2017 at 10:16 AM, Kanellos said:

Geoff (or demon carcass),  Wes Hauch, and Alex was the dream lineup. Autotheism is still one of my favorite albums.

Geoff isn’t demon carcass. Derek is.

Derek was in line to do the entire album but didn’t want to tour so they enlisted Ken. Derek recorded vocals on like 4 tracks before they got ken so they had to re do vocals on em, also a small factor as to why it took so long but also. It’s fucking Keene. So everything is going to take forever with him.

9 hours ago, Rottengoth said:

Geoff isn’t demon carcass. Derek is.

I know that. The parenthesis was just supposed to mean either/or one of them would work as a dream line up. Just worded poorly.

Not sure if I'm digging the vocals on the new track. The production is a little weird too. Lots of high end. Not bad though. Gonna wait for the album to drop and then listen to it as a whole with fresh ears.

• 2 months later...

Got my copies (both variants) in the mail the other day. 
I think the album is super solid, if maybe a little lacking in cohesion.

The vinyl itself sounds and looks great, though the sleeve is a bit wimpy.

Oh, and I think its the first ever Faceless record to be on standard weight vinyl. Oh well.

KATrCbe.jpg