PO: Cult Of Luna "Cult of Luna" and "The Beyond" Repress

Earache Records decided to re press The Beyond and Cult of Luna first album 
Pre orders are now available here : http://uswebstore.earache.com/Preorders
Also, due to an unusual amount of connections during the Eternal Kingdom pre orders a few weeks ago, Earache store crashed. 
If you are facing problems, please try both stores (USA and rest of the world) - Good luck !

Cult of Luna "Cult of Luna"

http://uswebstore.earache.com/Preorders/cult-of-luna-cult-of-luna-vinyl

Cult of Luna "The Beyond"

http://uswebstore.earache.com/Preorders/cult-of-luna-the-beyond-vinyl

Edited by versusexcalibur

12 minutes ago, fizio59 said:

I would rather say when instead of if..

You think so?  I just feel these albums don't have the notoriety that the other 3 big ones do (Salvation, SATH, EK).  So it will be interesting for me to see the response! 

I bet they saw the response for EK and thought "Yup, we can make some money here..." haha

Grabbed a green The Beyond, finally got a most limited variant of a CoL reissue!

I saw them twice on tour for this album as support for Poison the Well in the UK  on the you came before you tour. One show had thrice playing between the two before they blew up just after the artist and the ambulance was released... Venue must have been about 400 cap.

A month later saw thrice again,  sold out a 1200 cap venue as headliners lol

1 hour ago, Twistedshabazz said:

If I am ordering from the US store why is shipping 20 dollars?  makes no sense...

Yeah i emailed them about this, asking for clarification.  It seems that it still ships from the UK....   I also asked if it is possible to combine orders with the Eternal Kingdom vinyl, since that was only what... a few weeks ago?

Edited by Gumbo72203

12 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I bet they saw the response for EK and thought "Yup, we can make some money here..." haha

Yeah, I have that feeling too especially reading this:

Due to the popularity of the upcoming "Eternal Kingdom" vinyl reissue, we are delighted to be bringing back the first two albums from Sweden's Cult Of Luna on vinyl as well.

Earache is a great label and released a lot of big albums in the past but nowdays is basically only active for re-pressing/re-releasing records over and over again, which is not necessarily a bad thing, they make OOP records available again and this is great. 

On 2017-10-21 at 1:35 AM, Gumbo72203 said:

You think so?  I just feel these albums don't have the notoriety that the other 3 big ones do (Salvation, SATH, EK).  So it will be interesting for me to see the response! 

I love Cult of Luna but I'm  with you on this one. I have these two albums on cd but I never listen to them, just because I don't think they are especially good. So I'll pass on these two re-issues.
(And I already  have the s/t album from the Earache 2010 release)

On 10/23/2017 at 2:54 AM, Mr Mojo said:

I love Cult of Luna but I'm  with you on this one. I have these two albums on cd but I never listen to them, just because I don't think they are especially good. So I'll pass on these two re-issues.
(And I already  have the s/t album from the Earache 2010 release)

Yeah, they are not nearly as great as their later work, but I still enjoy it to see the progression. 

On 10/21/2017 at 8:01 AM, fizio59 said:

Yeah, I have that feeling too especially reading this:

Due to the popularity of the upcoming "Eternal Kingdom" vinyl reissue, we are delighted to be bringing back the first two albums from Sweden's Cult Of Luna on vinyl as well.

Earache is a great label and released a lot of big albums in the past but nowdays is basically only active for re-pressing/re-releasing records over and over again, which is not necessarily a bad thing, they make OOP records available again and this is great. 

Hahaha well there it is.  And yeah, they really are milking the back catalog.  But man, what a lineup....  all those Morbid Angel albums, Entombed, Carcass, Gorguts, etc etc etc.  The classics, really. 

The Beyond is great, but yes, the progression from there to Salvation and then SATH and Eternal Kingdom was immense. Still some good songs on The Beyond, and I like the feeling of aggression on that record. The S/T LP I don't like that much, sounds pretty generic to me - I don't remember much of it, even after repeated listens.

Still looking forward to having both on vinyl...

I don't even care if Earache is "milking" their back catalog and not really releasing anything great new. It's definitely enabled me to get some classic metal albums at a good price with a decent pressing (all the ones I bought sounded great) and Eternal Kingdom is my favorite COL release so definitely grabbing this. 

I was late to the game discovering COL so picking up Salvation and Somewhere Along the Highway for a good price was awesome. 

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, nwinkler said:

Just wanted to say that I received my copy of the self-titled debut album (in red vinyl) last week. Haven't listened to it yet, but it looks nice, and the gatefold packaging looks great, too.

No sign of The Beyond yet...

I received mine also and they sound AMAZING! The last 75% of this album is really great. The first actual song is alright but its all amazing from there.

Just finally got to spinning this today.  Love it!  I think the final song is my favorite.  Like Maycausedeath said, the opening track is good but not great, but everything else is really solid.  It's cool to hear this and see the trajectory they would take, and try to tease out the parts of this album that eventually lead to the other stuff we hear later on.  It's there. 

Can't wait for The Beyond!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Spinning my green The Beyond now finally!  This thing sounds really great!  I was expecting the low end to be a bit punchier but it that's a minor detail; it's a little underwhelming vs. what I was anticipating.  Either way, it sounds really good!  Nice and quiet pressing.  Its fun revisiting this older stuff and seeing where the later albums came from and trying to pick out the pieces from this early stuff that would lead them to the later albums. 

Edited by Gumbo72203

On 1/4/2018 at 6:56 PM, MayCauseDeath said:

I received mine also and they sound AMAZING! The last 75% of this album is really great. The first actual song is alright but its all amazing from there.

Finally listening to my green The Beyond and it is great, this album is so much more crushing and way better than I remember too.

• 2 years later...