PO NOW: Porches - The House

Though Aaron largely composes on his own, The House features contributions by Alexander Giannascoli ((Sandy) Alex G), Dev Hynes (Blood Orange), Maya Laner (True Blue, Porches), Kaya Wilkins (Okay Kaya), Bryndon Cook (Starchild & the New Romantic), Cameron Wisch (Cende, Porches), Jason Arce, Bea1991, and his own father, Peter Maine. As with Pool, Aaron brought his recorded work to Chris Coady (Beach House, Slowdive, TV on the Radio), who then mixed The House at his Sunset Sound studio.

I love the talent he had help out this time around. Good stuff.

• 2 months later...

Pretty surprised/impressed to see a banner for this album on the main iTunes page. They have a couple of solo piano videos you can preview/buy.

Awaiting shipcon. Gonna be really tough to top Pool. Super impressed by that album and Alex G co-tour. 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/music-video/goodbye-live-at-metropolis-studios/1331049284

https://itunes.apple.com/us/music-video/find-me-live-at-metropolis-studios/1331051302

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

That sounds more like Rivers Cuomo than it does Aaron. Weird vox. I like the tune though.

I had a similar reaction to his vocals but I'm into it. I remember The House being a weird adjustment for me but I ended up loving it so I'm sure this will be the same.

6 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

I had a similar reaction to his vocals but I'm into it. I remember The House being a weird adjustment for me but I ended up loving it so I'm sure this will be the same.

Wound up loving The House after initially being iffy about it. The one thing I do not like though is the inclusion of the 60-90 sec long interlude songs like Understanding, Akeren, Swimmer. And then Country, which is sooo good, is less than 2 mins?

I think of the best things about Pool is how consistently paced, structured and atmospheric it is, The House feels really messy in comparison.