As Tall As Lions - LAFCADIO

22 hours ago, UpwardHostility said:

Thanks for the heads up on this. I actually checked like 3 months ago if this was ever pressed on vinyl and was sad it wasn't. Only album I really listened to from this band but it's really very pleasant. 

Oh man, if you haven’t listened to the self titled album, go ahead and do that.

I’d rate their catalog:  Self Titled>Into the Flood>You Can’t Take it With You>Lafcadio

anyone else having trouble checking out while ordering this? it's giving me issues with both Paypal and credit card options. weird. i emailed merchdirect.

and damn that's pretty uncommon to have only heard Lafacadio. definitely check out their later catalogue. their sound matured and got way jazzier and experimental. really wish they kept on keepin on.

1 hour ago, wheresoulmeetsbody said:

anyone else having trouble checking out while ordering this? it's giving me issues with both Paypal and credit card options. weird. i emailed merchdirect.

and damn that's pretty uncommon to have only heard Lafacadio. definitely check out their later catalogue. their sound matured and got way jazzier and experimental. really wish they kept on keepin on.

Speaking of jazz, did you catch the bands short lived project Kilimanjaro?  It was all experimental jazz.

27 minutes ago, highfives said:

Speaking of jazz, did you catch the bands short lived project Kilimanjaro?  It was all experimental jazz.

Hell yeah! That was a super interesting little side project they did and I wish continued! I remember one live recording where Julio said he took shrooms right before coming on stage. It was spacey and freeform. Had that killer ATAL rhythm section. I've gotta try to get some more of their mp3s. I think I just have their first EP.

Did you ever get into their post ATAL project, The Black and the White (?)? I remember not digging it as much. But I think I'm going to give it another shot right now after all this talk.

1 hour ago, wheresoulmeetsbody said:

Hell yeah! That was a super interesting little side project they did and I wish continued! I remember one live recording where Julio said he took shrooms right before coming on stage. It was spacey and freeform. Had that killer ATAL rhythm section. I've gotta try to get some more of their mp3s. I think I just have their first EP.

Did you ever get into their post ATAL project, The Black and the White (?)? I remember not digging it as much. But I think I'm going to give it another shot right now after all this talk.

Yeah, the Black & the White is totally different.  I don’t like the EP as much as any of the other stuff the guys have done.  They’re really slow going with that project too for some reason.

I’ve been waiting to hear Dan’s solo project too but I guess that isn’t doing much.  I really just wish they’d get back together and make some new ATAL music.

• 1 month later...