PO NOW:Tom Waits Anti- Catolog reissues

Just now, Smellman said:

Hope it goes better than the last reissues.

Also hoping for a proper reissue of Bone Machine.

Bone Machine is owned by Warner. Only the Anti albums are getting reissued.

I'm surprised some of these are already getting remastered. Especially since some of the originals are still available in the same shop.

19 minutes ago, Smellman said:

I know that it's not Anti.

I would just prefer reissues of albums that aren't readily available, as you mentioned.

I understand completely, man. Bone Machine is such a spectacular record. Unfortunately, Tom Waits doesn't own the rights to the Warner/Island LPs.

2 minutes ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

Was reeeeeally hoping Orphans would be there :(

The language is a bit ambiguous, but the email could be read to say that Orphans is coming in 2018.

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

I just hope he plays live again before it's too late. He ain't getting any younger. I've only seen him twice and that was for the Mule Variations tour. Fuck, that was amazing.

Only saw him on the glitter and doom tour but it was one of the beat shows I've seen

Edited by apirk

8 minutes ago, orangesix said:

I thought all of his albums are readily available ? except for maybe rain dogs and bone machine

Bone Machine and The Black Rider are tough to come by. Almost everything else can be found in the new or used bins (except Orphans, of course). 

I just need reissues of black rider, bone machine and big time. That orphans box id like to grab this time around. What was it first time like 150-200?

closest option i had to see him was on real gone tour when he played about 3 hours away. Sold out almost immediately and he did the thing where you had to show ID at door to get in to stop flippers/scaplers. Great for that, very hard when the venue said you couldnt change names on tickets. 

My copy of Mule Variations sounds great, don't see the need for a remaster.

I'm curious what they've done with Real Gone. It's a rough sounding record, intentionally obviously, but I also think it sounds great. Ribot's guitar on some of those tracks has an incredible in-the-room-with-you tone.

Edited by swazzyswess

Random tip: Keep a Discogs alert for the OP Bone Machine. I did that a few years ago, eventually got a NM pressing for around $50 (including shipping) from a European seller. Worth it for me.

That said, I still haven't found Rain Dogs or HA&V in the wild. Did get Swordfishtrombones and Franks eventually. A bit baffled why Rhino/WB stopped the Tom reissue campaign after Small Change.... The rest of those Asylum records could easily be repressed, and then the Island ones to follow.

Best record shopping day of my life was when I went to a local store and got near mint original pressings of Closing Time, The Heart of Saturday Night, Heartattack and Vine, Swordfishtrombones, Frank's Wild Years, and Rain Dogs for $15 a piece. This store is generally awful with pricing so I was amazed. I went there a month later and they had a copy of Rain Dogs on their expensive wall for $80 so I don't know what was up with that.

Edited by itsgoodtobefree

20 minutes ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

Best record shopping day of my life was when I went to a local store and got near mint original pressings of Closing Time, The Heart of Saturday Night, Heartattack and Vine, Swordfishtrombones, Frank's Wild Years, and Rain Dogs for $15 a piece. This store is generally awful with pricing so I was amazed. I went there a month later and they had a copy of Rain Dogs on their expensive wall for $80 so I don't know what was up with that.

Something very similar happened to me. Sometimes I light a candle, pour myself a glass of wine, then lube up and think about that day.