PO Now - Elastica S/T Reissue

Elastica's self-titled debut LP is getting a repress out 17th November.  Looking at the description on Rough Trade it is the same as this years RSD release except the bonus 7" flexidisc is black instead of red.  Not seen any pressing numbers for this release yet.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/music/elastica-64026d0d-585c-4234-bd37-8a50b6aaf149

19.38 quid at Juno Records but they don't do preorder sales. EDIT: I've been trying to get my hands on this for 2 years/2 RSDs. This is a top priority reissue. I wish they would reissue the BBC comp and The Menace (with all the bonus tracks) down the line.

Edited by armadillo01

Also available on Norman Records for £22.99 - https://www.normanrecords.com/records/164305-elastica-elastica

Only really got into Elastica in the past couple of months as had seen them compared to a lot of modern day bands that I'm into, was gutted when I saw the prices the LP (both original and any reissues) were going for on Discogs so this is a very welcome reissue.  Hoping for The Menace too but ti doesn't seem to get the same recognition as the debut from what I've seen so not sure how likely that'll be.

33 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Damn, the only viable option now that Juno ran out at under £21 is Norman Records at £22.99

Yeah, but that is a great shop.

Phil and the gang always treat me well, and they know how to package a record for overseas shipping.

Worth the extra few pounds. 

On 25/10/2017 at 8:30 PM, armadillo01 said:

19.38 quid at Juno Records but they don't do preorder sales. EDIT: I've been trying to get my hands on this for 2 years/2 RSDs. This is a top priority reissue. I wish they would reissue the BBC comp and The Menace (with all the bonus tracks) down the line.

Back up at Juno! Total price plus shipping added up to 22.98 for me which was Norman's base price so I cancelled my Norman order.

On 26/10/2017 at 4:20 AM, AldoTVAOF said:

Also available on Norman Records for £22.99 - https://www.normanrecords.com/records/164305-elastica-elastica

Only really got into Elastica in the past couple of months as had seen them compared to a lot of modern day bands that I'm into, was gutted when I saw the prices the LP (both original and any reissues) were going for on Discogs so this is a very welcome reissue.  Hoping for The Menace too but ti doesn't seem to get the same recognition as the debut from what I've seen so not sure how likely that'll be.

I would buy a reissue of The Menace. I would also buy a reissue of the BBC  Sessions, even though they barely sounded that different live. Finally, there's just enough remixes, b-sides and rarities to make a compilation LP. To be honest I would have loved all of that and the self-titled in a box set. Maybe in 2020 once the 25th anniversary rolls around?

• 1 month later...

How is the sound quality for this reissue? I had heard mixed reviews for the RSD pressing from Rough Trade (some copies were skipping also) so I'm wondering if this a newly pressed batch...has anyone encountered any issues with their copy? I'm wondering how it compares to the original 1995 UK or US vinyl pressings.

On 11/16/2017 at 2:57 PM, armadillo01 said:

I let them know in my cancellation request that they're welcome to price-match. They decided to cancel instead. 

You know what, I asked them to price match the new Current 93 “Thunder Perfect Mind” reissue on purple to the price on David’s website, and they didn’t do that either.

Thank you for telling me that. I think their “price matching” offer is false.  :rolleyes:

However, I still like the shop, and their “super strong” packaging option.

Edited by Plarocks

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, derby625 said:

Anyone know of a place to get this (aside from discogs or the super inflated copies of eBay/Amazon?

Or if anyone wants to sell, I’m interested. 

I've also been after this for awhile.  They come up on discogs every once in awhile for cheaper. I just haven't been fast enough. 

On 12/18/2017 at 1:56 PM, timsimmons said:

Mine still hasn’t shipped from Rough Trade. Have people gotten theirs from them?  I ordered in early November.

UPDATE: Mine got cancelled because they got shorted and I had to buy from discogs for like $50. It came with the zine, so I was happy.