Opinions on Tom DeLonge's "To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science"

Vega

Hi guys, since there are a lot of fans of toms work in this forum i thought i'd post this here, i'm really interested in what the opinions on this issue are.

As some of you may have heard or read, a few weeks ago Tom DeLonge announced a new branch of his To The Stars brand, which he claims will bring undisclosed knowledge on issues regarding astrophysics, space traveling and even ufos to the public. Now obviously he has always been crazy for that kind of stuff and in a lot of interviews it becomes apparent that he can be convinced of some weird shit quite easily. Even though on a recent joe rogan podcast he still talked about some wacky stuff, this time he seems to be a lot more serious about it. He seems to have assembled a team that includes people who previously worked at the CIA, in the pentagon etc. You can read all about that on the website or hear it on the video below.

https://dpo.tothestarsacademy.com/

Most reactions i've read so far are generally more or less negative, saying that it's a scam and pretty much just another way to make money. I'm sort of on that side as well, especially after seeing the announcement broadcast that they did (below),  eventhough i love the idea and really wish there was truth to it and that these guys actually have something real to share here. In the beginning of joe rogans podcast you really think that he has gone completely nuts now but after a while it gets quite interesting.

Still something seems a bit off to me and the whole handling seems a bit weird. Maybe it's just because it's in the very early stages.

Edited by Vega

Dont really understand the concept, but I havent really read too much into it.  Was never a Tom hater, so I support anything he is this passionate about.  May not pan out, but wish him the best of luck.  To go from dick and fart jokes to really attempting space travel is just insane and proves he really is a go getter.  good luck Thomas!  I hope this works out and everyone realizes he isn't as crazy as he sounds.  Just a passionate dude

He sounds like he's taking a page from L. Ron Hubbard's playbook and creating an empire built around pseudo-science and man's incessant need for there to be more to existence (and their willingness to pay money to confirm it). I don't see any overt religious angles, which is likely a 21st century update to the business model, but this feels very much like a way to make a ton of dough. When he builds that room that bends space and time and he tours the bodies of the 1948 aliens, I will take this all back.

11 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

The impression I got from the Joe Rogan episode is that he seems really detached from reality. Can't tell if he's lying about meeting with these various "insider" folks, or if he actually believes he has. It's kinda sad tbh.

If there is one thing I learned from watching 25 minutes of the HBO Scientology documentary, it is that people will straight up lie and distort reality if they think they are doing it in service of a noble cause or project. He might believe his pseudo-science media empire is so valuable to the world of entertainment that it's worth blending reality and fiction to tell a captivating meta-story about aliens and time travel.

1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

The impression I got from the Joe Rogan episode is that he seems really detached from reality. Can't tell if he's lying about meeting with these various "insider" folks, or if he actually believes he has. It's kinda sad tbh.

Yes thats the same impression i got as well sadly, i really like him and really wish what he says is true and they are going to reveal something groundbreaking soon but it's highly unlikely...i wanna believe so hard in that stuff though hahaha the whole 'i can't tell you' just pisses me off though. if you want to reveal stuff to the public and want money from people to support you then at least fucking reveal a little bit with solid proof

1 hour ago, swb said:

If there is one thing I learned from watching 25 minutes of the HBO Scientology documentary, it is that people will straight up lie and distort reality if they think they are doing it in service of a noble cause or project. He might believe his pseudo-science media empire is so valuable to the world of entertainment that it's worth blending reality and fiction to tell a captivating meta-story about aliens and time travel.

yeah thats why the announcement they did felt so strange to me, tom makes such weird faces at a few moments, at one point he opens his mouth like he has a fucking seizure for one second and the whole thing is so vague, he also seems to be the only one to really speak out 'ufos' and 'aliens' in the promo campaign for this, the other guys keep it relatively grounded, at least in their wording

1 hour ago, njpunkmusic said:

People hate him cause he dropped out of a kiddie band to do more interesting stuff.

From the people I talk to the reason for turning on tom had to do with his singing becoming a caricature of itself on everything post reunion. 

Edited by Tidal Wave

On 11/2/2017 at 11:55 AM, Tidal Wave said:

From the people I talk to the reason for turning on tom had to do with his singing becoming a caricature of itself on everything post reunion. 

Not to mention Angels and Airwaves was legitimately boring. Lol, like he was on some next level shit or something. It was as 'deep' as listening to a 15 year old mess with chorus and delay pedals in a Guitar Center.

On 01/11/2017 at 11:16 PM, Vega said:

Yes thats the same impression i got as well sadly, i really like him and really wish what he says is true and they are going to reveal something groundbreaking soon but it's highly unlikely...i wanna believe so hard in that stuff though hahaha the whole 'i can't tell you' just pisses me off though. if you want to reveal stuff to the public and want money from people to support you then at least fucking reveal a little bit with solid proof

You really think Tom DeLonge is going to be the one to reveal groundbreaking details on time travel or telepathy? 

Hats off off to the guy though, his crowd funding is sitting at almost $2million. Maybe he’s not that crazy after all...

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Vega said:

So yesterday the pentagon admitted having a secret UFO investigation program and toms company released this video, seems that they're really starting to release things (fake or not fake)

This is just the footage officially released by the DOD recently that leaked years ago... Not sure why it says exclusively by his organization, since that's a flat out lie.

There's actually a bunch more of it than what is even shown here.

On 20.12.2017 at 10:06 PM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

This is just the footage officially released by the DOD recently that leaked years ago... Not sure why it says exclusively by his organization, since that's a flat out lie.

There's actually a bunch more of it than what is even shown here.

Yeah i was asking myself anyway why they wouldn't just release better footage other than this if they are in possession of such, but still curious on how this continues, the fact that it's an official declassification by the department of defense is pretty cool, even if it's fake...interesting times

3 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

That Joe Rogan episode was fucked. I felt uncomfortable watching a lot of it. Joe has talked about it since and he said Tom is fuckin’ crazy haha. 

There is a youtuber who looks at videos of people and judges their body language, she looked at a part of the joe rogan interview and said that tom was at most times genuinely honest but at other points obviously making something up, don't know man... i know it's a really naive standpoint but tom before was always one of the guys saying 'the government hides stuff from us' etc and now he could be telling lies in public about the same stuff together with the government? I would really love to know how he's actually doing, like if he's happy with this...if these accusations are true of course.

31 minutes ago, Vega said:

Yeah i was asking myself anyway why they wouldn't just release better footage other than this if they are in possession of such, but still curious on how this continues, the fact that it's an official declassification by the department of defense is pretty cool, even if it's fake...interesting times

I mean...it's not fake, it's genuine infra-red video from the US Navy, and 4 sets of human eyes were watching the same thing happen (pilot, co-pilot, and two officers on the ship). There is debate as to whether the object is something extraterrestrial, but it moves differently and more quickly than any known plane, missile, etc.

• 3 years later...