PO NOW: Bon Iver - Emma, Forever Ago (ltd reissue)

1 hour ago, Never_Enough_Records said:

Any idea how many were made? I'm so torn as to whether I should grab one or not. 

Q: Do you want this record?

If yes: Get it.

If no: Don't buy it.

Does it really matter how many were made if you want it? Nope.

Whew. Glad I could solve that for you!

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Q: Do you want this record?

If yes: Get it.

If no: Don't buy it.

Does it really matter how many were made if you want it? Nope.

Whew. Glad I could solve that for you!

It must be nice to be such a smug cunt. 

2 hours ago, Never_Enough_Records said:

It must be nice to be such a smug cunt. 

It is! It really is.

I imagine it must be hard to be such a sensitive twat, though.

It's just strange to me when the deciding factor in picking something up is how scarce it's going to be rather than how much you think you'll enjoy it. I get it if it's more "I plan to pick this up regardless, but how soon is it going to sell out?" Lighten up, ya cutie patootie. ;)

There are some very objective reasons why to worry about pressing quantity/scarcity. If something like this was 2500 copies, when it's gone, your only options will be eBay or Discogs for triple the original cost. People were already listing them for $100 when they were taken off the website. Never_Has_Enough_Records is trying to decide if he should spend $30 on it now in case it won't be available later. Maybe he wants to wait until payday. Macho Man must have unlimited funds and never have to make buying decisions based on cost.

1 hour ago, bluescreenlife said:

There are some very objective reasons why to worry about pressing quantity/scarcity. If something like this was 2500 copies, when it's gone, your only options will be eBay or Discogs for triple the original cost. People were already listing them for $100 when they were taken off the website. Never_Has_Enough_Records is trying to decide if he should spend $30 on it now in case it won't be available later. Maybe he wants to wait until payday. Macho Man must have unlimited funds and never have to make buying decisions based on cost.

I say this in a very respectful way, if you can't afford it now you can't afford it on payday. Don't live paycheck to paycheck buying fucking records, it isn't worth it I promise. 

Just now, JustSchwimmer said:

I say this in a very respectful way, if you can't afford it now you can't afford it on payday. Don't live paycheck to paycheck buying fucking records, it isn't worth it I promise. 

I don't, but some people probably do. Not my job to give them financial advice. But yes that would be silly.

1 hour ago, bluescreenlife said:

I don't, but some people probably do. Not my job to give them financial advice. But yes that would be silly.

Understood, I guess that advice wasn't to you specifically, it just pains me a bit when I hear people say something similar to that.

I get that it's touchy for some but man what a awful choice.

Edited by JustSchwimmer

10 minutes ago, JustSchwimmer said:

Understood, I guess that advice wasn't to you specifically, it just pains me a bit when I hear people same something similar to that.

I agree 100%. Don't do that. However, having lived paycheck to paycheck before and growing up that way, I know that the little pleasures you afford yourself make all the difference sometimes. However (again) most people who ask that original question are just flippers tryna get some random scoop.

12 minutes ago, JustSchwimmer said:

Understood, I guess that advice wasn't to you specifically, it just pains me a bit when I hear people same something similar to that.

I think it also depends on the individual. Maybe it's a high school kid without any real expenses, who has 30 bucks burning a hole in his pocket and can either spend it on this or to go out with some friends and drink soda pops and go roller skating at the roller disco this weekend. Or, maybe he wants to buy some weed. Who cares. I'm not his mom.

11 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

So, is this a new cut? or is it the same?

It's the same. But my copy sounds cleaner and clearer, low noise floor. Sometimes something as little as the temp of the press can affect the sound, so maybe they did it more accurately with these.

5 hours ago, bluescreenlife said:

You clearly didn't read my second response to him. All good though. 

As far as my mythical "unlimited funds" I do alright, but I'm not rich by any means. I live comfortably and within my means, and I decide what to spend my funds on without hemming and hawing about it online. If something seems limited and it's something I want, if it falls within a reasonable budget I get it. If it's something that I can't justify buying while it's in stock and it goes out of stock...oh well, I missed out. Not having a specific record, especially one that you can get (probably the same cut) on black vinyl isn't the end of the world, or even really something I can get too bummed about. People get too caught up in and depressed over this shit. 

I agree with Schwimmer, and if homeboy is really paycheck to paycheck and worried about this shit I feel bad for poking fun at him, but as 40 said...more commonly it's flippers asking that shit and honestly I read their name not as "never enough records" but as "never enough" records, like the name of a record store.

I know what it's like to be broke, it sucks. I've been homeless before and had to deal with working paycheck to paycheck trying to get my shit back together. Thankfully I was able to rely on the kindness of some friends for a little while to get it straight.

Everybody needs to mellow out in here and remember that it's ok to make jokes once in a while. Stop coming into threads like a freight train, throwing around judgment when people are just fucking around and being sarcastic.