P.O. Now: Ween Shinola Vol. 1 Repress

8 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

I know it isn't same label/ownership to rights, but I'd prefer a decent repress of The Mollusk.

I want a decent pressing of all the albums only in print on plain recordings. They're all terrible sounding but I still have  GWS and The Mollusk because it's better than nothing. 

7 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

I know it isn't same label/ownership to rights, but I'd prefer a decent repress of The Mollusk.

it kind of sucks that Plain reissues some of their stuff Stateside, and Schnitzel does some of their stuff for UK (EU), because it would be nice to have them both doing the full catalogue to get better pressing choices.   The Plain releases I have, while not as dire as some make them out to be, are not as good as the Schnitzel releases.

1 minute ago, monklover said:

it kind of sucks that Plain reissues some of their stuff Stateside, and Schnitzel does some of their stuff for UK (EU), because it would be nice to have them both doing the full catalogue to get better pressing choices.   The Plain releases I have, while not as dire as some make them out to be, are not as good as the Schnitzel releases.

Plain Records is the worst. I agree about having them both do presses--I'd gladly pay some extra to have a good quality run of the albums I care about of theirs--I'm not a diehard Ween fan but I do like more than just one or two of their records. Gotta admit, though, that if I had to pick just one, it would be The Mollusk.

I'd call myself a die-hard fan, so can't pick to just one favorite album or song...  really do love (nearly) everything, but the Mollusk really was a whole'nuther level.  I just recently came across this article, an interesting history of this time period:

https://www.stereogum.com/1951136/weens-the-mollusk-turns-20-an-oral-history-by-mickey-melchiondo/franchises/the-anniversary/

8 minutes ago, monklover said:

I'd call myself a die-hard fan, so can't pick to just one favorite album or song...  really do love (nearly) everything, but the Mollusk really was a whole'nuther level.  I just recently came across this article, an interesting history of this time period:

https://www.stereogum.com/1951136/weens-the-mollusk-turns-20-an-oral-history-by-mickey-melchiondo/franchises/the-anniversary/

I saw that article around the anniversary and I thought it was fascinating!

1 hour ago, monklover said:

would rather a Vol 2///

Agreed 100%.

1 hour ago, Smellman said:

I have the OP and will have to pass at that price.

Nice to see some fellow Ween fans around this place, though.

The Ween love is a nice change of pace indeed. I just saw them for the eighth time this past August.

49 minutes ago, monklover said:

Thanks for the link; I've never seen this before.

• 1 month later...