Southern California record stores with the best trade-in/seller value?

13 minutes ago, glass realms said:

Depends on what type of music you're trading in. Amoeba is good but some of the buyers lowball you big time.

Not dollar bin items, just your typical electronic/soundtrack/ambient/indie/folk releases that you would see on VC. To be honest I thought Amoeba would be the worse based on their website info on how they buy/sell.

Edited by anightdrive

Not sure how much you're looking to get for your records, but the trade in price info that Amoeba provides on their website is pretty much the going rate at most shops in LA. I generally don't expect to get more than $10 for a record as a trade in, unless you've got some kind of hook up at a particular store (ie you know the buyer or they know you're a regular customer). But if I think I can get more for it online, I'll sell it online.

3 minutes ago, glass realms said:

Not sure how much you're looking to get for your records, but the trade in price info that Amoeba provides on their website is pretty much the going rate at most shops in LA. I generally don't expect to get more than $10 for a record as a trade in, unless you've got some kind of hook up at a particular store (ie you know the buyer or they know you're a regular customer). But if I think I can get more for it online, I'll sell it online.

Yeah, I figured the standard rate would be 25% of what the record is worth on the low end on somewhere like Discogs. My schedule  hasn't let up since i've moved here so I haven't explored the shops in LA much, I was just curious more than anything. I'll give Amoeba a shot tonight seeing how they're having a 15% increase in trade-in value.

17 hours ago, anightdrive said:

Yeah, I figured the standard rate would be 25% of what the record is worth on the low end on somewhere like Discogs. My schedule  hasn't let up since i've moved here so I haven't explored the shops in LA much, I was just curious more than anything. I'll give Amoeba a shot tonight seeing how they're having a 15% increase in trade-in value.

fwiw I usually am happy with the trade in value I get from Amoeba in SF