WTB: Converge - The Dusk In Us (rainbow splatter)

KnifeStreet

I’m looking to collect a complete set of the first pressing’s colors, and I am very close to finishing my hunt. 

Only one left for me to find is the “friends & family” variant on clear vinyl w/rainbow splatter.   Mainly buying since I don’t have a whole lot for trade yet. If you have a copy that you’re willing to sell, or can help lead me to someone who does, please let me know!

Cheers,

-Chris

Edited by KnifeStreet
Only need the rainbow splatter!!!

17 hours ago, deer said:

Best of luck!! That rainbow will be mighty expensive right off the bat. I imagine you'll find someone with an orange who'll sell eventually, really hope you get all these together because it's a damn beautiful set.

Yeah, the rainbow splatter will be nearly impossible, but as of this afternoon I’ve managed to deal for everything but that and the green tour version.

Got a friend trying to connect at one of the MA shows for me, we’ll see. Got purple in hand, and indigo, blue, yellow, orange and red coming my way.

Wish me luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks to a great board member, I managed to pick up up a copy on green from the tour.  That leaves me looking for the final piece of the puzzle, a copy of the rainbow splatter on clear vinyl “friends and family” variant.  Anyone willing to part with one, or that may know someone else who is, PM me a price or contact info. This will be the biggest collection of first pressing variants I’ve ever managed to finish, so wish me luck!

1 hour ago, KnifeStreet said:

Still hoping to land this one, anyone seen a copy available anywhere?  

honestly your best bet is probably to dig a bit deeper, maybe send an email to deathwish or ask around friends/family of the band explaining your situation.

being that this is a shift from the normal clear variant (and a hell of a lot cooler), I think those fortunate to cross paths with one are just gonna keep it.

I was offering other sealed f&f copies of their albums for it and people weren't even slightly interested.

If I remember correctly, one person on here got one randomly when they PO'd the red, that might be a start.

good luck friend

22 hours ago, ethereal said:

honestly your best bet is probably to dig a bit deeper, maybe send an email to deathwish or ask around friends/family of the band explaining your situation.

being that this is a shift from the normal clear variant (and a hell of a lot cooler), I think those fortunate to cross paths with one are just gonna keep it.

I was offering other sealed f&f copies of their albums for it and people weren't even slightly interested.

If I remember correctly, one person on here got one randomly when they PO'd the red, that might be a start.

good luck friend

Thanks!  

I thought about reaching out to the band or DW inc.  directly, but figured it might seem like cheating if I asked them to hook me up. 

I’m sure anyone who gets one and actually collects will hang on to it, but you never know! 

Which f&f versions do you have? I might be interested in AWLWLB. 

If I get desperate, I might reach out.  Might actually have to at this point, with a release this popular there won’t likely be a lot of these turning up. Guess it all depends on how @jbannon, @tre or @CalebDW respond to begging, haha. Either way, thanks for the info! 

B79361EA-FE9B-455E-A1DD-C0095EF10628_zps

Edited by KnifeStreet
Added pic!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KnifeStreet said:

This is a white whale situation, haven’t seen a single one available since it was released!  

that’s what happens to friends and family variants man. looking on here is a waste of time tbh 

there was one dude on this entire forum that got one and I doubt he’s going to sell it.

theres also a grip of people on IG offering hundreds of dollars for this thing, so there’s that as well.

Edited by ethereal

7 hours ago, ethereal said:

that’s what happens to friends and family variants man. looking on here is a waste of time tbh 

there was one dude on this entire forum that got one and I doubt he’s going to sell it.

theres also a grip of people on IG offering hundreds of dollars for this thing, so there’s that as well.

Yeah, that’s pretty much what I expected anyway.  Even without that one, I’m stoked to have the other variants, but this would just be icing on the cake.  Doubtful that I’ll manage to land one here, or that I’ll be quick enough (or have enough cash in hand) to land one if it hits eBay or Discogs, but it can’t hurt to try.  Going to keep searching, but not going to make it my top priority, and not going to obsess over it. There’s still a lot of great stuff coming out, new and reissued, so it’s all good. Once in a while I’ll bump this to see if anyone has a line on a copy. 

Thought about writing Deathwish Inc. or the guys in the band about it, but didn’t think that would get me anywhere.  I’m sure they have more than enough actual friends and family to give these to, haha. Still, wish me luck!