Minus The Bear - Planet of Ice 2xLP New New Pressing on "Moon Phase" Vinyl

jhulud

1 minute ago, Billich0986 said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how the original presses from 07-08 compare to the current presses? I think the old ones are 45rpm, while the new ones are 33rpm. Just wondering if the old ones sound better. 

can confirm, the original master cut at 45rpm blows the 33rpm recut out of the water. definitely worth holding out for a copy

• 5 months later...

I already have a first press and one of the more recent pressings as well, but fuck that’s pretty.

“Suicide Squeeze is proud to reintroduce Planet of Ice's creative marriage of classic motifs and modern musical wizardry with a vinyl remaster courtesy of Bernie Grundman. The latest pressing is limited to 500 copies on Tri-color (pink, black, white) vinyl. Includes a download card. 

and this comment may actually make me grab it.

Edited by dapeebs

31 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

I already have a first press and one of the more recent pressings as well, but fuck that’s pretty.

“Suicide Squeeze is proud to reintroduce Planet of Ice's creative marriage of classic motifs and modern musical wizardry with a vinyl remaster courtesy of Bernie Grundman. The latest pressing is limited to 500 copies on Tri-color (pink, black, white) vinyl. Includes a download card. 

and this comment may actually make me grab it.

Didn't he do the last repress?  Someone did because it switched from 45 to 33.

I believe Bernie Grundman is the guy who masters a lot of stuff for Johnny Jewel (Chromatics, Glass Candy, etc.) and all those albums that I have sound great. I'm happy enough to have a first press of POI so I'll pass on this, although that tri-color scheme is awesome. I'm still kicking myself for selling my sealed copy of the clear/gold splatter tour press years ago though... oh well.

Edited by wiscodeman

• jhulud changed the title to Minus The Bear - Planet of Ice 2xLP New New Pressing on "Moon Phase" Vinyl