These are silly and kinda weird, but I really like them. Although I have a decent 70s bootleg of “The Christmas Album,” this is a welcome re-issue.

All the original Pic Sleeves, and this time pressed on actual vinyl (colored) with a nice book and box. Ordered! 

Bull Moose

Elusive Disc...

And your other usual suspects. ;)

21 minutes ago, docbronze said:

Do these have actual Christmas/Holiday music on them or were they fan club style singles they put out in December as a "gift" to the fans?

AFAIK there's only one actual song out of all of these, and it's not great. Everything else is just lame fan club banter that I think even the most die-hard Beatles fans would struggle to enjoy.

I'd consider picking this up at $20-$30, but $70 is way too much IMO.

22 minutes ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

AFAIK there's only one actual song out of all of these, and it's not great. Everything else is just lame fan club banter that I think even the most die-hard Beatles fans would struggle to enjoy.

I'd consider picking this up at $20-$30, but $70 is way too much IMO.

That was always my rough understanding of these things, but the way it has been packaged and marketed, from a distance, I wondered if I was mistaken. Appreciate the details.

Honestly, if you want the one real Christmas “song” they did, and an idea of the “banter,” all you really need is this:

Beatles - Free as a Bird 7-inch

I have always wanted the flexis, but refused to pay the $100+ each for such a “disposable” format.

For me, this set is “better” than the originals as they are on “real” records this time. But yeah, I agree this set is for die hard fans, but that is me. ;)

The Beatles Christmas album I have looks REALLY good, but the store was totally legit and told me it was a “bootleg,” and showed me on the cover and label why.

I did get to see a “real” one at a record show once that a dealer was selling for $300. The cover was VERY clear and defined.

I have also seen dealers try to sell the boot version I have for $100+:rolleyes:

I've had a bootleg 12" LP on splatter vinyl of all of these since I was in high school. I grew up listening to them every xmas, so I have very fond memories of them. the ones from '66 & '67 get a little trippy, with skits and edits that are fun when you're stoned. obviously they were! the last one is sad because each Beatle did his own section, then they edited them together. i guess they couldn't stand eachother by the end, even to say merry xmas to the fans. 

only for the Beatle fan who already has everything else.

• 1 month later...