PO NOW: Glassjaw - Material Control (12-1-17)

ejc625

My coworker and I who are longtime glassjaw fans joke about this all the time. Thought this was going to be an album of all new songs but recorded at a live show and released as a 5” Vinyl boxset half of the song on one side the other half on the other. 

Edited by Rottengoth

49 minutes ago, freezeflash said:

Looks like this leak of information was very unintentional. The listing has been taken down from Amazon and people are being told to remove the artwork from their public social media accounts.

Did anybody save that info? I never saw the artwork.

1 minute ago, mcpherson123 said:

Did anybody save that info? I never saw the artwork.

Hidden as a spoiler in one of my previous posts (mods feel free to take this down if this is technically against the rules). The artwork wasn't on Amazon - I took it from the PRP article, so I'm curious as to how they acquired it.

http://www.theprp.com/2017/11/15/news/release-date-track-listing-leak-new-glassjaw-album-material-control/

9 minutes ago, freezeflash said:

Hidden as a spoiler in one of my previous posts (mods feel free to take this down if this is technically against the rules). The artwork wasn't on Amazon - I took it from the PRP article, so I'm curious as to how they acquired it.

http://www.theprp.com/2017/11/15/news/release-date-track-listing-leak-new-glassjaw-album-material-control/

Thanks for the link. You're spoiler only shows the file name now.

12 minutes ago, Rottengoth said:

It’s literally just a pink rose and says material control on it with those logos they use on 93% of all the merch

Thanks for the description. Now that I've seen it, it looks a lot like The Melvins Bootlicker album art. The logos up top are a weird choice but the art is really cool otherwise.

Edited by mcpherson123

37 minutes ago, freezeflash said:

It was on Shazam I think,

2 hours ago, freezeflash said:

Saw them headline in Clifton Park the other week and they played  7 new songs from this. It seems like for the first time in a long time they sound exactly the way they want to sound, and they fucking rip.

Reveal hidden contents

glassjawmaterialcontrol.jpg

I completely forgot to go to this. Are they still not playing anything from EYEWTKAS?

1 minute ago, Sanspants said:

They played Babe one of the last couple of times I'd seen them. I think it was one of the Brand New shows. 

I saw them play Babe at the free House of Vans show in Brooklyn with Balance and Composure and World's Fair. Probably one of their most insane performances. It was less of a GJ show and more of a hardcore show. No barriers & Daryl's screaming was very much on point.

41 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

Same here.  Seems like Daryl had some trouble throughout, but overall great show. And no guitar at all during John Lennon, which was disappointing. Overall great show though.

Yea, that false start was weird. Overall, it was a solid set.

Funny that there are three of us on here that were at that show!

1 hour ago, tetsuodaironman said:

First time I saw gj in 2002, genius. Second time in 2014, horrendous, especially in the vocal department. Just saying. He didn't exert a lot of energy. Hopefully, he is trying again for these shows.

Yeah I felt like he’s playing it safe or just can’t hit some of the notes he used to be able to. Some of the crazier parts or higher pitches he just avoided all together. 

Also for such frenetic, high energy music, they really had next to no stage energy.