PO NOW: Glassjaw - Material Control (12-1-17)

ejc625

14 minutes ago, mattisr1984 said:

...or its just how they decided to send out promo copies of the album. i know theyve done similar things in the past, but if century media is really in on this release i cant see them doing something a little more conventional on a wider scale. heres to hoping, anyway.

I'm pretty sure this is just how they're sending out promos. 

Definitely makes it harder to leak

Damn, I've seen Glassjaw  a few times, but all the shows were right around the time of their resurgence. I caught one of the EP release shows (it was the John Lennon one, the 7 inches got mobbed and I couldn't get one lol) and I caught the Brand New/Thrice/Glassjaw show they did out in LI. I think I saw them one more time but I'm struggling to place it so maybe it was just 2. But anyway, both shows Daryl sounded absolutely amazing. The LI show was a stadium show and he sounded unreal, and the EP release was a tiny bar. Both were madness. He was doing all the death growls, cleans were perfect. I always kind of considered him a vocalist that just had insane talent and consistently slayed live but it's crazy to hear that he has bad nights. I wish I could've seen them with 2 guitars, some of the W&T songs just don't feel whole without that 2nd guitar. Not seeing them on this new tour because I'm not into The Used.

Chino Moreno I think of as another vocalist that always destroys live. Did anyone else catch the Deftones on their most recent tour with Rise Against? It was the best time I've seen them yet, Steph was running like a Fractal setup or something because he didn't have an amp head on stage, his tone was massive, and Chino looked great. He had lost some weight and had tons of energy, was dancing and generally moving all over the place. He ad libbed a bunch of parts and did some really crazy vocal stuff that wasn't on record. He did like, idk, this "evil villain" laugh at the end of Elite that I don't think I've ever heard from them before live, destroyed the entire set and never missed a note. I legitimately couldn't believe how good they sounded and it was a huge stadium show.

Edit: oh and Rise Against was so much worse than I though they were going to be. They are absolutely terrible live iMO.

Edited by jaedong

3 hours ago, jaedong said:

Damn, I've seen Glassjaw  a few times, but all the shows were right around the time of their resurgence. I caught one of the EP release shows (it was the John Lennon one, the 7 inches got mobbed and I couldn't get one lol) and I caught the Brand New/Thrice/Glassjaw show they did out in LI. I think I saw them one more time but I'm struggling to place it so maybe it was just 2. But anyway, both shows Daryl sounded absolutely amazing. The LI show was a stadium show and he sounded unreal, and the EP release was a tiny bar. Both were madness. He was doing all the death growls, cleans were perfect. I always kind of considered him a vocalist that just had insane talent and consistently slayed live but it's crazy to hear that he has bad nights. I wish I could've seen them with 2 guitars, some of the W&T songs just don't feel whole without that 2nd guitar. Not seeing them on this new tour because I'm not into The Used.

Chino Moreno I think of as another vocalist that always destroys live. Did anyone else catch the Deftones on their most recent tour with Rise Against? It was the best time I've seen them yet, Steph was running like a Fractal setup or something because he didn't have an amp head on stage, his tone was massive, and Chino looked great. He had lost some weight and had tons of energy, was dancing and generally moving all over the place. He ad libbed a bunch of parts and did some really crazy vocal stuff that wasn't on record. He did like, idk, this "evil villain" laugh at the end of Elite that I don't think I've ever heard from them before live, destroyed the entire set and never missed a note. I legitimately couldn't believe how good they sounded and it was a huge stadium show.

Edit: oh and Rise Against was so much worse than I though they were going to be. They are absolutely terrible live iMO.

I was super pumped to see Daryl live. Don’t get me wrong, he wasn’t bad. Just hearing how incredible he sounded recorded I expected something close to that. Gotta remember too that it was a date off the tour separate from the Used, so he could be in bad shape seeing as they dont consistently tour. 

Saw Deftones with Rise Against at Jones Beach Theater this past June. Totally agree about Chino. Everyone kept telling me Chino could be ehh live sometimes, but boy were they wrong. Deftones are definitely the most insane live performance I’ve seen thus far. Can’t believe it took me this long to see them.

Rise Against was very meh live. Don’t know how they followed Deftones performance some nights.