PO NOW: Glassjaw - Material Control (12-1-17)

ejc625

15 minutes ago, daniel said:

I'm probably not going to preorder this but I'm really interested in hearing it haha. W&T was one of my favorites back in the day and I actually really like OCG and CB.

Wow, pretty surprising that your conscience lets you enjoy Glassjaw, considering the heavy overtones of misogyny and sexism.

You filthy whore. 
Shut up and swallow my pride for me. 
Move closer or drive farther. 
Suck on the end of this dick that cums lead, 

gets the ole daniel thumbs up, eh?

9 minutes ago, rooks said:

Wow, pretty surprising that your conscience lets you enjoy Glassjaw, considering the heavy overtones of misogyny and sexism.

gets the ole daniel thumbs up, eh?

Lol, this is pathetic. You're seriously targeting people on these boards who disagreed with you in the Brand New thread?

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/unraveling-the-sexism-of-emos-third-wave/

http://www.laweekly.com/music/razorlines-2135317

Took me 30 seconds to find two interviews, years apart, wherein Daryl literally apologizes for those lyrics and acknowledge that they were immature and inappropriate. Why do you think they don't play those songs anymore? People make mistakes, and good people own up to them.

Also, before you even try to make the false equivalency, writing misogynistic fiction and then apologizing and owning up to it is totally different than taking advantage of underage girls and then apologizing for cheating on your girlfriends when called out.

Edited by daniel

2 minutes ago, daniel said:

Lol, this is pathetic. You're seriously targeting people on these boards who disagreed with you in the Brand New thread?

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/unraveling-the-sexism-of-emos-third-wave/

http://www.laweekly.com/music/razorlines-2135317

Took me 30 seconds to find two interviews, years apart, wherein Daryl literally apologizes for those lyrics and acknowledge that they were immature and inappropriate. Why do you think they don't play those songs anymore? People make mistakes, and good people own up to them.

Also, before you even try to make the false equivalency, writing misogynistic fiction and then apologizing and owning up to it is totally different than taking advantage of underage girls and then apologizing for cheating on your girlfriends when called out.

Lol you're funny. For the record, it's my favorite track on the album. Because I'm able to separate art\fiction from reality. I was just wondering how someone like you is able to convince yourself that it's different. 

The more you know!

1 minute ago, rooks said:

Lol you're funny. For the record, it's my favorite track on the album. Because I'm able to separate art\fiction from reality. I was just wondering how someone like you is able to convince yourself that it's different. 

The more you know!

Well "someone like me" doesn't usually enjoy violently misogynistic fiction. The fact that that's your favorite song on the album tells me a lot about what it means to be "someone like you", and certainly makes your perspective on the Brand New stuff make a lot more sense.

2 minutes ago, daniel said:

Well "someone like me" doesn't usually enjoy violently misogynistic fiction. The fact that that's your favorite song on the album tells me a lot about what it means to be "someone like you", and certainly makes your perspective on the Brand New stuff make a lot more sense.

Ohhhh I got you, that's my bad. Because it's my favorite song on the album, I must be a misogynistic prick - because the song is misogynistic. But, since you like it just a little,  and because you deemed his apology worthwhile, you're not.

I'm learning so much about values and self-delusion.

maxresdefault.jpg

Just now, rooks said:

Ohhhh I got you, that's my bad. Because it's my favorite song on the album, I must be a misogynistic prick - because the song is misogynistic. But, since you like it just a little,  and because you deemed his apology worthwhile, you're not.

I'm learning so much about values and self-delusion.

Don't put words in my mouth. I don't even like that song "just a little". Did you read my first post before you quoted it? I never even mentioned EYEWTKAS, because that album is garbage. And no, I never called you a misogynistic prick either. But honestly, if you're not, what do you enjoy about that song?

1 minute ago, daniel said:

Don't put words in my mouth. I don't even like that song "just a little". Did you read my first post before you quoted it? I never even mentioned EYEWTKAS, because that album is garbage. And no, I never called you a misogynistic prick either. But honestly, if you're not, what do you enjoy about that song?

The sound?

What do you like music for? The taste?

4 minutes ago, rooks said:

The sound?

What do you like music for? The taste?

Like everyone, I like different things for all kinds of different reasons. When it comes to a lot of music, I like the whole package. But I think at this point you're just trying to derail the original conversation because I absolutely destroyed you and your ridiculous logic, so I'm done. Good luck picking fights with other people you feel superior to because they don't want to support pedophiles.

Just now, daniel said:

Like everyone, I like different things for all kinds of different reasons. When it comes to a lot of music, I like the whole package. But I think at this point you're just trying to derail the original conversation because I absolutely destroyed you and your ridiculous logic, so I'm done. Good luck picking fights with other people you feel superior to because they don't want to support pedophiles.

I'm destroyed :lol:

6 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Let's be real though this band is next in the accusation line Daryl seems shitty enough. Thrice will follow and the big three will be whole again so all their fans can see them tour together again.

*waits for it*

He sent a picture of his wiener that one time. Count it?

34 minutes ago, daniel said:

I bet you boycott Wal-Mart but own an iPhone.

2 minutes ago, V3XED said:

Haa, and heres me, seeing 10 new replies to a Glassjaw thread thinking the album dropped <_<

Reveal hidden contents

Surprise, It didn't. its just the Brand New thread leaking out onto everything else.

You only give us more power with these posts. Got like 47exp from this one to level up to 9 so thanks!

Just now, Rottengoth said:

Yeah if you could please take it to the brand new threat that would be great...

+ 57exp!