PO NOW: Glassjaw - Material Control (12-1-17)

ejc625

15 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Lol he wrote 5 responses saying he wouldn't respond and then made a response in the example of one of his responses of how not to respond.

That’s all I really wanted.  I’ll read his little special-snowflake soapbox manifesto over the holiday weekend if I get bored enough, but I’m afraid I’ll be a little too busy doing real world shit to respond anytime soon.  Someone feel free to give me a quick rundown VIA PM if he’s made any valid points; if he’s just being a hyperbolic drama king again, color me disintersted at this point.

I’d also be down for any relevant Glassjaw shit, I guess.

Edited by Derek™
Edited after reading Rambo’s request.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

That’s all I really wanted.  I’ll read his little special-snowflake soapbox manifesto over the holiday weekend if I get bored enough, but I’m afraid I’ll be a little too busy doing real world shit to respond anytime soon.  Someone feel free to give me a quick rundown if he’s made any valid points, or if he’s just being a hyperbolic drama king again.  Or if any relevant Glassjaw shit happens, I guess.

Either way, good job Danny boy.  Way to not care.

Oh my god, the classic "I was trolling you the whole time, loser". And "snowflake" just rounds out the vocabulary. I guess you'd rather stay in the safe space (I'm learning your terminology) of other people who think I'm an idiot than actually engage critically with what I've said. You're an idiot.

2 minutes ago, daniel said:

Oh my god, the classic "I was trolling you the whole time, loser". And "snowflake" just rounds out the vocabulary. I guess you'd rather stay in the safe space (I'm learning your terminology) of other people who know I'm an idiot than actually engage critically with what I've said. You're an idiot.

Fixed. Chill man it's over.

6 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Can you guys take this to pm's? 

I’m all for it especially since a moderator politely requested we do just that.  Seems really fucking dense to ignore that and continue but I guess we shouldn’t be surprised, all things considered.  I’ve yet to receive a PM, but I doubt it could compete with a frustrated response that stoops to name calling.  That’s basically how you know we’re done here.  I won’t be quoting his posts anytime soon – not publicly, anyway – but I really do hope Danny boy doesn’t let this whole exchange sour his holidays.  If he’s pounding away on the keyboard instead of helping his wife’s son make paper hand turkeys, I’m going to feel really bad.

Anyway.  I’ve heard that people are receiving a random flexi from the album in the mail.  Separate from the reviewers who received the full set – seemingly anyone who’s ordered from the Glassjaw webstore in the last few years, from what I gather.  Anyone luck out with one?

25 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Hide contents

I’m all for it especially since a moderator politely requested we do just that.  Seems really fucking dense to ignore that and continue but I guess we shouldn’t be surprised, all things considered.  I’ve yet to receive a PM, but I doubt it could compete with a frustrated response that stoops to name calling.  That’s basically how you know we’re done here.  I won’t be quoting his posts anytime soon – not publicly, anyway – but I really do hope Danny boy doesn’t let this whole exchange sour his holidays.  If he’s pounding away on the keyboard instead of helping his wife’s son make paper hand turkeys, I’m going to feel really bad.

Anyway.  I’ve heard that people are receiving a random flexi from the album in the mail.  Separate from the reviewers who received the full set – seemingly anyone who’s ordered from the Glassjaw webstore in the last few years, from what I gather.  Anyone luck out with one?

:/ I’ve moved twice since I last ordered from them. Trying to buy the flexi set through eBay is gonna be a bitch. 

5 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:

:/ I’ve moved twice since I last ordered from them. Trying to buy the flexi set through eBay is gonna be a bitch. 

I haven’t ordered from them since I moved either. If they hadn’t jacked the prices of all the shirts up I’m sure I would have bought at least a few since then. Fingers crossed my expired mail forwarding pays out and I wind up with something.

6 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:

To clarify, these were the type that were printed onto a postcard and they allegedly sound like ass.  So you’re not missing too terribly much unless you’re just grabbing them for collectibility.  In which case, I imagine quite a few will pop up on eBay.  Hopefully a ton are mailed and it saturates the market value.

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

You did the exact same thing. Continued the argument after the mod's post.

I have not received anything but I heard a second hand account from a friend who told me that it's apparently unlistenable. Best off just waiting for a proper vinyl release I think.

7 hours ago, snowflake said:

Actually I edited that line out because it does mean a lot to me. "Triggered" is one of those words, though, huh? I wrote what I wrote because I think it's important. Same as Derek.

You definitely seem triggered. One of the chicks that accused Jesse IS batshit and more importantly lied about her age to seem younger, so that's all I really have to say on that. But holy shit man, calm down.

1 hour ago, pmlevine said:

Anyone else going to the listening party tomorrow for free beer, a doobie, and shirt. I'll pick up the listening party exclusive while I'm at it.  

Yeah I’ll be there. Got the confirmation email earlier today. Hopefully there is something cool.