PO NOW: Glassjaw - Material Control (12-1-17)

ejc625

13 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I'll piggyback this and say it's a little snug. Definitely a slim fit style tee. I'll still wear mine though. Man cleave and all. Zerofux.

Have an image? That link 404'd for me.  Also... how slim we talking? I normally wear a medium..... but... I might be interested

1 hour ago, V3XED said:

Have an image? That link 404'd for me.  Also... how slim we talking? I normally wear a medium..... but... I might be interested

It'd probably fit you nicely. Maybe just a little longer than normal.

No image (in wash right now, literally).

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, mrewest said:

So this album literally gets better & better & better with each listen.  I went from “meh”, to “I dig it”, to “in love”.  That bass is just filthy.

for me this is my AOTY for most forgettable release and the more I try to listen to it, the more I realize there were a bunch of amazing albums released this year, this is not one of them. 

1 hour ago, MayCauseDeath said:

for me this is my AOTY for most forgettable release and the more I try to listen to it, the more I realize there were a bunch of amazing albums released this year, this is not one of them. 

I hear ya.  It’s far from my AOTY, but I definitely keep going back to it.  Kind of surprised I’ve been digging it as much as I have, but I can’t deny it.

2 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

This album is the definition of forgettable.

4 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

The only thing I have heard people mention when they say they really like the album is "the base sounds good!" No other redeeming qualities lol.

As someone else said earlier, this was such a good year for new music and this one just doesn't bring anything to the table. Can't even get a proper vinyl release for us record nerds!

4 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

The only thing I have heard people mention when they say they really like the album is "the base sounds good!" No other redeeming qualities lol.

I like this album because I don't have nostalgia goggles for the old GJ stuff and I think this is like those except the vocalist is tolerable and less hot topic-y

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Guess you guys weren’t familiar with glassjaw’s marketing strategy: price shit as high as we want and these dummies will still buy it. 

This is abnormal though because this LP is not self-released and even though CM might not be the best label in terms of prices this is still a single LP that clocks in around 30 - 35 minutes. I don't even think GJ putting this out by themselves would be this big of a rip-off.  If it comes with a 20-page hardcover book with art and lyrics then maybe it would be justified. I highly doubt that will be the case.