PO SOON: Dashboard Confessional - Crooked Shadows

This is as good as you can hope to get from a 2018 Dashboard. I mean that sincerely as this could have been a tire fire and instead it's a fun, sometimes sappy/cheesy ride that ends too early rather than too late. It probably also helps that I saw him play We Fight and Heart Beat Here live and it was awesome.

24 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Just finished listening to this and multiple parts were physical struggle to go through. Pretty meh album. They could have done way better than this...

Album had a few moments but I probably won’t listen again and definitely won’t buy the LP

EDIT- I’ll give it a few more tries I guess but between this and the dud of a FSF album idk 

Edited by FlippingOut

On 2/9/2018 at 2:48 PM, FlippingOut said:

Album had a few moments but I probably won’t listen again and definitely won’t buy the LP

EDIT- I’ll give it a few more tries I guess but between this and the dud of a FSF album idk 

Dusk and Summer was the last DC album that I really listened to and enjoyed thoroughly. I just looked and I have a CD copy of Shade of Poisson Trees and I can't remember anything beyond "Thick As Thieves" However, after many listens, there's enough moments for me that I feel okay about FSF's Penny Black. 

As far as this album, that single did't do anything for me so I doubt I care enough to pick this up.

• 2 weeks later...