PO: American Nightmare (out in Feb)

2 hours ago, nico said:

Haven't read any reviews of this new record. Are there any?

It leaked in 128 yesterday and is out there. It’s actually not as bad as I was expecting.  The screaming is here and there and one of the songs has some goofy/cold cave-ish parts, but overall I enjoyed it. It’s not even 20 minutes long and if you go into it wanting to hear the first two albums, youll probably be disappointed.

Edited by jon720

2 hours ago, jon720 said:

It leaked in 128 yesterday and is out there. It’s actually not as bad as I was expecting.  The screaming is here and there and one of the songs has some goofy/cold cave-ish parts, but overall I enjoyed it. It’s not even 20 minutes long and if you go into it wanting to hear the first two albums, youll probably be disappointed.

Is it more like the first 2 ep’s?

17 minutes ago, crossedoutname said:

Like I said, there’s going to be some disappointed people out there. It’s not as “in your face” I guess you would say. It’s different.  I think my fav song is “War” which is pretty different. There’s two songs that are 40 seconds long, so there’s some slight throwbacks. Wes’s voice ain’t what it used to be, but I don’t think that should be news to anyone. It’s good for what it is I guess I’ll say.

17 hours ago, crossedoutname said:

mostly only in that the album is pretty much an EP's worth of material. take out the two tracks that are less than 40 seconds each and youre down to 7 tracks. for what it is, i dont hate it but to me it sounds like AN/GUTG if they were thrown in a blender with dashes of the bronx, cold cave, some girls and coliseum. also echo the sentiment that "War" is the best track. 

Finally listening to this. Is it like old AN? No. I mean it's been about 15 years, did we really expect them to sound the same? It sounds like a natural progression to me and aside from the Peter Murphy sounding parts(via INXS "Devil Inside") in "Colder Than Life", it's a good album/EP.