Recommend on Requiems on Vinyl? Manufacturer Recommended

I am new to vinyl and this is my first post on here after searching for forums through Google.  I have two Requiems on vinyl so far.  I personally enjoy this type of "classical" music and want to further my listening collection.  My question is not which Requiems to look for but rather who made a album that has great sound quality to it.  Before we go any farther I will state that I am not a collector nor will I get to that point.  I don't care what the condition is of the album cover is.  I just want to listen to the album and enjoy it.  The two I have are Faure's Requiem and was produced on Capitol Records Circa 1960 and the sound is okay.  The next one is Brahms's Requiem which was produced on RCA Red Seal circa 1969 and the sound on this album is not very good...it sounds muffled and far away.  

As a side not I do have Beethovens Symphony #9 which also has Choral parts and was produced on London Records circa 1970 and it sounds awesome.

As purely a listener and not a collector I am not interested in spending crazy amounts of money for this and just want to be educated on what to look forward when it comes to Requiems in particular.  I know and have a few albums from Deutsche Grammophon and they sound great.  So your information and education would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John Dinkeldein