PO: THE USED 'Lies for the Liars' Repress (11-24-17)

tug

Hopeless Records has repressed THE USED 'Lies for the Liars' for release on black friday/Fall RSD:

black/red swirl with pink splatter http://hopelessrecords.merchnow.com/products/v2/263094/lies-for-the-liars-black--red-swirl-w-pink-splatter 1,000 pressed

black in clear with red haze http://hopelessrecords.merchnow.com/products/v2/263093/lies-for-the-liars-black-in-clear-w-red-haze 1,000 pressed

Edited by tug

There was a point in time when I was 17 and legitimately enjoyed The Used.  I remember being into the S/T, and even IL&D, and expecting their third album to live up to continue the streak.  That being said, I’ve actually given this record a few fair shakes back in the day and I can say that it is objectively bad.  Even with my shit tastes in 2007, I could tell you it was hot garbage.  I’m hardly an authority for what you are or aren’t allowed to purchase in 2017, but anyone paying $23+ for this record, now, should probably re-evaluate the steps that have led them to where they are today.

Where were you when you first heard this abortion of a record 10 years ago?

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

There was a point in time when I was 17 and legitimately enjoyed The Used.  I remember being into the S/T, and even IL&D, and expecting their third album to live up to continue the streak.  That being said, I’ve actually given this record a few fair shakes back in the day and I can say that it is objectively bad.  Even with my shit tastes in 2007, I could tell you it was hot garbage.  I’m hardly an authority for what you are or aren’t allowed to purchase in 2017, but anyone paying $23+ for this record, now, should probably re-evaluate the steps that have led them to where they are today.

What are you trying to say? The used aren’t the greatest band of all time? Uh huh, ok D.... sure.

19 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I remember it came out a week after Dance Gavin Dance - Downtown Battle Mountain came out.  So I went to FYE on that day and grabbed both CD’s.  I also enjoyed IL&D so I expected something somewhat decent.

I believe I listened to Lies for the Liars once and Downtown Battle Mountain has gone on to become my favorite album of all-time.

So yeah.  That’s where I was.

Edited by FiggyPud

25 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I was 17 and legitimately enjoyed The Used.  I remember expecting their third album to live up to continue the streak.  That being said, I can say that it is objectively bad. 

Where were you when you first heard this record 10 years ago?

Definitly the first very different album they had mainly due to using a sound machine and tons of production. 

But I first heard it when I was in my final week of my senior year of high school.   I remember I recommended our perfect senior song be “devil beside you” which was a bside and Best Buy bonus track. But it did not get any votes so I boycotted graduation. 

3 minutes ago, lostcrimes said:

Doesn't the admin remind us regularly that tug is a troll account?

there's an admin that hates me and taunts me on here as he abuses his power.  but only like 1 or 2 other members try to spread rumor that i am a troll...not really sure why but i am just not very liked here since my post #1.

10 minutes ago, tug said:

there's an admin that hates me and taunts me on here as he abuses his power.  but only like 1 or 2 other members try to spread rumor that i am a troll...not really sure why but i am just not very liked here since my post #1.

Yea, I’m not sure why either.

When I was 15 I stole this CD from target because I thought the art was cool, and that lead me to discovering the artist Alex Pardee who inspired me to start drawing and painting in high school and that pretty much changed my whole life and I decided I wanted to have a career doing art in some way. I haven't listened to it since I was 15 but I ordered a copy just for #nostalgia. 

2 minutes ago, tug said:

i also think you could get a standard classic black variants from any other retailer that is selling this LP such as:

https://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=11066220&style=all

or

https://www.target.com/p/used-lies-for-the-liars-vinyl/-/A-52996331

Shit, I’m looking for regular original black. Hit me with the link when they turn up.

9 hours ago, tug said:

Hopeless Records has repressed THE USED 'Lies for the Liars' for release on black friday/Fall RSD:

black/red swirl with pink splatter http://hopelessrecords.merchnow.com/products/v2/263094/lies-for-the-liars-black--red-swirl-w-pink-splatter 1,000 pressed

black in clear with red haze http://hopelessrecords.merchnow.com/products/v2/263093/lies-for-the-liars-black-in-clear-w-red-haze 1,000 pressed

Cool. I want a color press of artwork too. A deluxe version would be cool with all the bonus tracks. 

8 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

Cool. I want a color press of artwork too. A deluxe version would be cool with all the bonus tracks. 

artwork repress in 2019.  not deluxe, just standard 11 tracks.

6 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

Artwork and Vulnerable I would really like 

artwork repress in 2019.  and you could still easily find vulnerable now.