PO: THE USED 'Lies for the Liars' Repress (11-24-17)

tug

On 20/11/2017 at 5:14 PM, Derek™ said:

There was a point in time when I was 17 and legitimately enjoyed The Used.  I remember being into the S/T, and even IL&D, and expecting their third album to live up to continue the streak.  That being said, I’ve actually given this record a few fair shakes back in the day and I can say that it is objectively bad.  Even with my shit tastes in 2007, I could tell you it was hot garbage.  I’m hardly an authority for what you are or aren’t allowed to purchase in 2017, but anyone paying $23+ for this record, now, should probably re-evaluate the steps that have led them to where they are today.

Where were you when you first heard this abortion of a record 10 years ago?

Spot on. I was really into the ST and ILAD in grade 9-10 . But man i remember listening to this when it came out and boy is it trash. 

The used died in 2005. And even though i like those first 2 albums, its at least 50% nostalgia at this point. 

Wow I'm really surprised people hate this album this much. I actually got pretty into this album, particularly all the lore surrounding the artwork. A guy named Alex Pardee made the album cover "Chadam". There was a bunch of short stories that got released on MySpace (ha) and he even got a deal from WB to make a series of 3D animated videos around the character. Looking back they weren't that great, but it got me to the career I'm at today. 

15 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Wow I'm really surprised people hate this album this much. I actually got pretty into this album, particularly all the lore surrounding the artwork. A guy named Alex Pardee made the album cover "Chadam". There was a bunch of short stories that got released on MySpace (ha) and he even got a deal from WB to make a series of 3D animated videos around the character. Looking back they weren't that great, but it got me to the career I'm at today. 

He also had lots of stories on MySpace at the time. More was suppose to happen with him but unfortunately it never developed further. 

On 9/17/2016 at 3:41 PM, tug said:

a thread about the used is rarely going to die because of how much peeps love the used and want to talk about them.

On 9/19/2016 at 7:57 AM, tug said:

lots of people like my comments and new used updates/posts

On 6/25/2017 at 7:46 PM, tug said:

Think of it this way... 15 years ago the used released their first album. At the time they were on unknown/barely known band.  Now 15 years later they are one of the most well-known revolutionary sounds of rock and one of the most influential bands of our era and one of the best bands in rock 'n' roll history and it all started with this one album that's considered one of the most important albums in rock history. 

Here you go, @tug.  These were pretty easy to find.  I’m sure there are some more wild inaccuracies in a few other threads as well.

2 hours ago, tug said:

the original release of this was a pink record in a jacket with no inserts or anything  it was as basic as could be so i wonder if hopeless would of done something extra to it and added picture sleeves of artwork/linear notes/ lyrics or if they would of just matched it exactly... will find out soon enough. 

I’m definitely on pins and needles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...