Sigur Ros - 4 new LP's limited to 100 each ... just shoot me now ...

4 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Someone is totally going to end up unexpectedly getting 12 copies of each of these in the mail the way this whole clusterfuck of a sale went...

Sounds like Ben’s wet dream.  How many anal beads do you think 12 copies of this set could buy you, on the aftermarket?  The aftermarket for the records, I mean.  We don’t have to discuss aftermarket beads.

On 4/25/2018 at 8:58 PM, JustSchwimmer said:

I was able to get an order through and PayPal was charged but I didn’t get any confirmation email. Hmm...

On 4/25/2018 at 9:08 PM, JustSchwimmer said:

Yeah it was really weird, I had to create an account for the site but can’t log into the account I created.

paypal was charged and got a PayPal receipt so we will see.

Same here

The PayPal receipt includes the title of the record ordered (Alex - Untitled) which is also a good thing. 

Edited by trickster

Hi, I'm the guy who started this thread.

I actually ended up owning  two copies of 'Route One'.  Don't get excited yet - I paid a fortune for them.  I pre-ordered from two European stores hoping to get at least one of them, but both stores came through for me and sent me the album (after marking it up substantially).

So, I paid 80 Euros plus shipping = $116.00US for one of them: if someone here wants to buy it from me for $100US I can ship immediately from California.  The disc is brand new and unplayed.  As far as I can tell, I can get about $116 or so on Discogs or on Ebay, since very few are offered for sale from USA customers.

I can provide proof of my original cost if someone wants to see it first.  I would love to have bought the cheap ones offered by XL but I did not get those. 

1 hour ago, batman said:

Arrived today! Weird sleeve choice with the open back, and all 4 have minor seam-splits, but happy to have em! 

Yeah I've got a small split on Untitled as well. Records themselves feel nice and heavy. Spinning Untitled now and it's very quiet as far as noise goes. Sleeve has a nice texture to it. Surely they were trying to replicate the hand made nature of the initial run.

18 minutes ago, EquinoxDesignLab said:

Yeah I've got a small split on Untitled as well. Records themselves feel nice and heavy. Spinning Untitled now and it's very quiet as far as noise goes. Sleeve has a nice texture to it. Surely they were trying to replicate the hand made nature of the initial run.

I wondered that about the texture as well. I just thought it was strange that the back was open and the sticker was directly on the sleeve instead of shrinkwrap. Will listen once my little ones go to bed.

15 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

I feel like people want these without first listening to them... but I guess #thehobby

pretty sure sigur ros is an insta-buy and if you waited to hear them before you purchased, you are now paying flipper prices. that ain't #thehobby, that is a good band that has tons of fans that have yet to be let down.

21 hours ago, EquinoxDesignLab said:

22 hours ago, batman said:

Arrived today! Weird sleeve choice with the open back, and all 4 have minor seam-splits, but happy to have em! 

My Alex Somers had a seam split too

I am thinking most of them were like this from shipping from UK to USA?

I am not particularly pleased about this though

Edited by trickster

• 2 weeks later...

Email from Rough Trade on Route One:

Dear Sigur Ros Customer,

We truly apologize, but we must cancel this order. We never received a single copy of this title for Record Store Day. We begged and pleaded with XL and our UK shop to try and get some copies, but as this was so limited, there were none left by the time the orders had been placed. 

I truly apologize for our error. This item should not have ever been available online, but a bug in our site allowed products with zero inventory to be sold into the negatives, even if we had never formally activated them. We have since patched this out, but I understand that it is ultimately very disappointing.

We will keep your information on file, and if we hear of a future repress, or a special edition of a new Sigur Ros title, we will do our best to offer it to you first.

Again, truly sorry. Feel free to write me at ________________ with any comments, concerns, or anything else I may help with.