PO NOW: Frank Ocean - Endless

Faucet

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, al-naafiysh said:

according to @frankoceanography on instagram, the Little Demon replacement is now shipping, called "These Days"

spacer.png

would make sense if it's a cover of the Jackson Browne / Nico / etc song, given the subject matter (and considering his brother just died)

supposedly the B-side is blank.

Actually got shipping for mine. Should be arriving Thursday. 

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, stl_ben said:

So ridiculous.  Hold peoples money for a year and then decide not to release the song.

My theory is he/his team don’t want to front the money for production of the records so they don’t even submit the records for pressing until all the funds have been collected. Then you add “the artist” shit on top of that and Frank not wanting to let go of the tracks until he thinks they are perfect. And that’s why we get massive delays. Plant delays don’t help matters. It’s silly.

I don't know why people are mad, I mean I guess if I was just a scumbag consumer I'd be mad, but Frank is a complicated artist who had a shitty year. I wouldn't wanna release music either if I were him. I appreciate artists like Frank who are perfectionist and wanna give us the best. Not to mention now this means 1) I am getting 15 dollars back and 2) I am finally gonna get the My Room 7" shipped. 

I get the fact that it sucks that we were sold a 7" that never even went into production but that's the norm now, things are sold before they're made. Blame labels and the rules they created, not the artist, because even the independent artist have no choice but to play the landscape of the music business.

I'm not mad. Its a bit much to charge $15 to ship a $15 single.  But $30 is half of what you would pay from ebay or discogs for it. 

IDK if I buy he's just playing the game though. There are plenty of artists who run their own labels or produce their own releases that get albums out in a normal amount of time or with a reasonable delay. 

Its awesome that he's a perfectionist. It's probably a big factor why his music is so great. That being said, make sure the record is done before you put it up for sale. And if there are issues along the way, communicate (back up at plant, email, not happy with the TP, email - it takes the onus off the artist). He'd get less blow back if they were emailing with every production delay. 

Edited by timsimmons

• 4 months later...