PO: Windhand/Satan's Satyrs Split LP via Relapse out 2/16/18

a0008682932_10.jpg

LP pre-order: https://store.relapse.com/item/55065

Bundles and new shirt: https://store.relapse.com/search?q=windhand+%2F

EU store: https://eu.relapse.com/item/55065

Release Date: February 16, 2018

All LP versions include a 11" x 17" album art poster.

PRESSING INFO:

First Press

2500 x Black Standard Gram

400 x Metallic Gold Standard Gram *Indie Retailer Exclusive* (Not available through Relapse.com)

300 x Baby Pink with Mustard, Bone White and Purple Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive* [SOLD OUT]

100 x Black and Metallic Gold Merge with White and Gold Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive* [SOLD OUT]

Two of Virginia's finest heavy bands team up for an amp-worshipping, acid trip from hell! Includes two brand new songs of smoldering gloom and grief from WINDHAND paired with three tracks of devilish, fuzz-drenched metal/punk from SATAN'S SATYR'S.

1. Windhand - Old Evil

2. Windhand - Three Sisters

3. Satan's Satyrs - Alucard AD 2018

4. Satan's Satyrs - Succubus

5. Satan's Satyrs - Ain't That Lovin' You, Baby

Listen to "Old Evil" here:

https://windhand.bandcamp.com/

Music video here:

Edited by mcpherson123

3 minutes ago, Secular Haze said:

You'll be happy with the only variant left in stock.

Indeed, good sir. Though, there is a retail indie exclusive that I also may have access to considering how many indie record stores I have access to but that doesn't matter to me :P

I think that on the steam of how great "Old Evil" is, even the most hardened color vinyl obsessive fanatic should be able to be happy with this release on gross, old, plague-riddled, vomit-inducing black vinyl.

Edited by mcpherson123

Music discussion time: I have to say that its very weird to hear them on record now that there is only one guitarist in the band so when Garrett goes for a solo, there is only bass and drum in the background. I do enjoy the space that it creates but its weird thinking there isn't a second guitarist to mix it up a little. As I understand it, Asechiah was responsible for a number of the riffs in the past and a few of the ones attributed to him are some of my favorites.  I do love the vocals and lyrics on this. I can't wait to hear "Three Sisters".

27 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I'm torn on whether I'm going to grab this or not. Windhand are great, but I just really don't care for Satan's Satyrs.

20 minutes of new Windhand and I don't have to flip it over. Win/Win.

I don't really know anything about Satan's Satyrs but its definitely not an impediment for me.

Just now, mcpherson123 said:

20 minutes of new Windhand and I don't have to flip it over. Win/Win.

I don't really know anything about Satan's Satyrs but its definitely not an impediment for me.

I saw them open for Electric Wizard and they didn't do it for me. I like Windhand, but I feel silly paying for half a record and never even touching the other half.

I'll probably pick it up at some point, but I'll wait for a sale/code.

17 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I saw them open for Electric Wizard and they didn't do it for me. I like Windhand, but I feel silly paying for half a record and never even touching the other half.

$4.20 off the sale price.

Just now, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I feel you on that. I'm just a Windhand megafan so I have no choice but to own it.

12 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

...when Garrett goes for a solo, there is only bass and drum in the background.

Don't mind this at all. They manage it well, and it gives them a nice, old-school, power trio feel. Song isn't exactly setting my hair on fire though. Nice, but it sounds like they're still treading water. Wondering how the Satan's Satyrs tracks will turn out. Kind of hated the vocals on Don't Deliver Us.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...