PO: PORCUPINE TREE - DEADWING 2xLP & IN ABSENTIA 2xLP

FINALLY!!!! AAHHHHHHH I'M SCREAMING!!!!!!

https://burningshed.com/tag/Porcupine Tree&filter_category_id=66

Two of the most popular Porcupine Tree releases, In Absentia and Deadwing, have been acquired by Kscope and will be given long awaited reissues on vinyl in February and March, with new CD editions to follow later in 2018. For the first time since their original release, both albums have also been remastered with considerably less compression / limiting, and consequently the albums are now a more dynamic listening experience.

http://found.ee/PTshop

Both albums are available to pre-order now from Burning Shed. Steven Wilson's Headphone Dust store will also stock them nearer the release dates. In addition to regular black vinyl, special limited coloured vinyl editions will be exclusive to both mail order outlets. Deadwing is released on 23rd February 2018, and In Absentia on 9th March 2018.

Artwork by Lasse Hoile

Edited by Sasan

1 minute ago, Lugubrious said:

Hoping to buy these later this month, do we think the color vinyl will be around for awhile?

They said on Twitter that the color ones should be around for a few days, obviously an estimate.

The cart showed that they're limited to 5,000 in the system but who knows if that's accurate. Seems like a lot for limited versions but yeah. Either way, bought both!

Do want those white/clear, very badly so, but I have to pass because Burning Shed's shipping to the US has always been unreasonably high.

After the GPB to USD conversion, it's $26 per album plus $15 each  for shipping; $41 per record is pricing me out unfortunately (even Kevin Shields didn't charge that much).

I'm gonna have to keep my eyes on either Amazon or my local shop for the black variant.

2 minutes ago, DASiano said:

Do want those white/clear, very badly so, but I have to pass because Burning Shed's shipping to the US has always been unreasonably high.

After the GPB to USD conversion, it's $26 per album plus $15 each  for shipping; $41 per record is pricing me out unfortunately (even Kevin Shields didn't charge that much).

I'm gonna have to keep my eyes on either Amazon or my local shop for the black variant.

My order for In Absentia came to $36.  It comes to cheaper than listed because no VAT.  I figured that's not a bad price for a limited color pressing of an album that I love.  

Obviously people have been crying for a Deadwing repress for ages but the label and PT said it wasn't going to happen. Clearly they were bullshitting us. I already have both of these, but the Deadwing is tempting. I so hope for everyones sake that buys Deadwing that it sounds as good as the OG pressing, cause that one sounds amazing! Can't imagine SW letting an inferior product out though. 

People on FB were saying the shipping rates are insane, so I might wait it out until these are available in the states somehow. 

Just now, danyc said:

Good info. Pretty tough to make this limited to like 500 worldwide, as I'm sure they don't want a mutiny on their hands, if the thing sells out in 5 minutes. 

Agreed. Bands like PT and Radiohead can do 'limited' variants of several thousand and still sell out. I'd very much rather have an ample supply of such a needed repress!

2 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I'm ashamed to admit that I don't know Deadwing at all.  I got into PT in college when In Absentia came out and went backwards in their discography but never really kept up with releases after that.  

Listen to Glass Arm Shattering and Arriving Somewhere and then hit BUY. :-P

1 minute ago, YouTwo said:

Keep an eye on ImportCDs.  That's where I got Lightbulb Sun for $25 when it was listed around $35 everywhere else.  It looks like the color versions might be exclusive to Burning Shed though.  

From FB:

"Both albums are available to pre-order now fromBurning Shed. Steven Wilson's Headphone Dust store will also stock them nearer the release dates. In addition to regular black vinyl, special limited coloured vinyl editions will be exclusive to both mail order outlets. Deadwing is released on 23rd February 2018, and In Absentia on 9th March 2018."

i pre-order both a clear Deadwing and the standard black In Absentia (i have had bad experiences with opaque white vinyl, not playing around with it) and it totaled just shy of $68 shipped to me in Kentucky.  To me that doesn't hurt considering how bad I've wanted both of these albums in my collection for awhile.  I probably could have just waited and got a black of each from a US distro closer to release dates but screw it.... tis the season for throwing your money around carelessly.

18 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I'm ashamed to admit that I don't know Deadwing at all.  I got into PT in college when In Absentia came out and went backwards in their discography but never really kept up with releases after that.  

:o:o:o:o

Listen to "Arriving somewhere..." now!

NOW!!!

2 hours ago, YouTwo said:

Way to bury In Absentia re-press in the headline!

I have two variants of this record already, so I was only at DW with my mind... :D