PO NOW: As I Lay Dying "Frail Words Collapse" and "Shadows Are Security"

22 hours ago, Gippej said:

Same here, used to really like this band when I was first getting into metal, but that incident ruined it for me

For me, those albums are so far before the Tim that went crazy that for me they are untainted.  The only tainted album for me is Awakened.  All the old albums are still in rotation for me to listen to from time to time.

Step 1: Open Spotify / YouTube / CD Player 

Step 2: Put on "A Thousand Steps" off of Frail Words Collapse.

Step 3: Turn it all the way up

Step 4: Forget about Tim

Step 5: Order vinyl

Edited by Secular Haze

Oh my god I am freaking out. It may sound stupid but this is my dream come true. The vinyl for Frail Words Collapse has been in my Discogs wishlist forever. I was just about to win a 100€ auction for it TODAY. And I found out about the reissue right now. Dodged a bullet right there, holy shit. Hopefully it will be a good reissue, gonna hang it in my wall next to my "An Ocean Between Us" transparent green vinyl. 

I can't wait!! Paying 50% more just to get it shipped from USA to Spain. Worth it. 

25 minutes ago, markus9229 said:

gonna hang it in my wall next to my "An Ocean Between Us" transparent green vinyl. 

I can't wait!! Paying 50% more just to get it shipped from USA to Spain. Worth it. 

worth it to hang on your wall? records are meant to be played my dude. if you want something for your wall, just buy the art.

On 22/12/2017 at 3:45 PM, KingTacoMunster said:

so what does it matter if its a good reissue when youre just going to hang it on a wall?

On 22/12/2017 at 3:31 PM, ethereal said:

worth it to hang on your wall? records are meant to be played my dude. if you want something for your wall, just buy the art.

I guess I wasn't so clear. I'm gonna play the shit out of it, like I do with all my records, but I hang my favourite ones on the wall with some stands with easy access.

Not my photo, but it's just like this:

0413-small-spaces-26_ffkng7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, verb1999 said:

Tim released a lengthy apology to everybody on their FB page not too long ago.  

I didn't know this. I didn't even know that he was out of prison. Two years incarcerated seems awfully short for soliciting murder, but what do I know. He's also already remarried. What a world. For anyone curious as I was:

(posted on December 17, 2017)

Words cannot begin to express how deeply sorry I am for the hurt that I have caused. There is no defense for what I did, and I look back on the person I became with as much disdain as many of you likely do.

First, I apologize to my former wife and remarkable children for my appalling actions. There’s not a single day that goes by where I don’t wish I could undo the damage I caused, and out of respect for their wishes I will not discuss anything else about them (now or in the future). I also ask anyone reading this to promote healing for them by respecting their privacy and defending them from any negativity or anger which should be directed towards me. I was the sole offender and the only one to blame for everything that happened.

To my family, I apologize for the trauma you faced and may still feel. This is an ongoing sentence many of you serve because of me. I am so sorry to my friends who were betrayed by everything I hid from them and all the hardships I caused people who used to work with me. Band mates, road crew, managers, attorneys, agents, label people, and more all had to suffer through many unexpected changes because of my actions. While they were dealing with the aftermath of my arrest, I responded toward many of them with bitterness that I should have directed toward myself. I know that I can’t undo the animosity I brought their way, but I hope to mend what I can now as time goes on.

To the people who looked up to me as an artist, I let you down in so many ways. I tried to show my best side to the public, while feeding an ugly growing monster behind closed doors. I wrote lyrics about the person I wanted to be rather than the person that I was. I was living a life that lacked empathy and viewed everything through a self-motivated lens.

I cannot say for certain what life looks like going forward as so much is different now and I’m still learning. Music always has and always will be a part of me, and has helped me get through the darkest parts of my journey. However, this apology is not a part of promoting anything. Rumors circulate, and that’s something I’ve learned to accept, but this apology is just that, an apology to everyone around me.

I’ve remained silent to the public since expressing remorse at my sentencing because time seemed like the best way to promote healing. Today marks the first opportunity to freely apologize without any motivation to gain favor from the courts, as I have now completed the entirety of my legal sentence (including the completion of all parole/probation requirements). Let it be clear that no amount of time served can right my wrongs. I do not feel deserving of a second chance and am not asking for anyone’s trust. The way many people feel about me makes sense, and only time will tell if my future actions line up with my remorse, something I pray for every day. In the last five years, the ripple effect of all my actions has extended further than a written statement can address. Thus, I will continue to apologize in both words and actions moving forward.

Thank you for reading,
Tim

Edited by backpackoat

Well even tho he says in his apology that he's not promoting anything, I think he already has some plans for new music. I'm not looking forward to it tho, I don't expect it to be any good. His last album was pretty meh and a bit generic sounding imo. Even tho many people claim it to be their best album yet... 

Just give us the vinyl already Tim, this will be a long month of waiting 

Edited by markus9229

30 minutes ago, ethereal said:

I grabbed both /300 from indiemerch cuz I didn’t see those splatters.... ugh 

I kind of cant decide if I think the shadows splatter is ugly or not.... part of me says it is. Lol.
Still i'm a big enough hoebag I might just go for it regardless. 

Probably going to skip Frail, always thought that album sounded super muddy. Not into the production.

17 minutes ago, V3XED said:

I kind of cant decide if I think the shadows splatter is ugly or not.... part of me says it is. Lol.
Still i'm a big enough hoebag I might just go for it regardless. 

Probably going to skip Frail, always thought that album sounded super muddy. Not into the production.

it’s cool but doesn’t really match the art that well imo. I kinda liked the /300 for shadows since I don’t have a variant like that yet, plus saving ~$11 is pretty nice. just wish I could have seen all the options on indiemerch before I bought.