PO: Alkaline Trio - Past Live albums

ejeffs

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

I wonder if the blu-rays will be available elsewhere or even after the preorder...this wording confuses me a bit--"This item will only be available during this pre-order until February 9th and will ship in April."

It's like that for the box as well. 

Here's to some more credit card debt!

Yowza! I hate to be that guy because I like this band a lot but that's alotta cheese for a live box set, even the single lp is hefty. I know you're getting a lot with that box set but I can't think a full live show will sound fantastic jammed on to a single LP. Tip of the hat to you guys purchasing this!  

7 minutes ago, ludakrishayes said:

Kings Road has gottten very quiet about pressing numbers lately. Wonder if this'll be one of those types of things where the number of preorders dictates the number pressed.

That's what I'm thinking...and I bet it won't be a huge number either.  $275 puts this at $34 an album...and that's assuming someone wants to listen to all 8 albums.  I prefer their later catalog, so I know there'll be a few of these I don't listen to...which makes it even more difficult to pull the trigger.  

1 minute ago, mmhmm said:

That's what I'm thinking...and I bet it won't be a huge number either.  $275 puts this at $34 an album...and that's assuming someone wants to listen to all 8 albums.  I prefer their later catalog, so I know there'll be a few of these I don't listen to...which makes it even more difficult to pull the trigger.  

Totally. I'm thinking of grabbing the Blu Rays, and just a couple of my favorites. I prefer the later catalog as well!

Also, that was my 69th post. Just wanted to point that out.

15 minutes ago, Rezqua said:

People actually prefer the later material? I hardly if ever listen to This Addiction and Crimson/Mourning and I love the alkaline trio 

Yep, there's more of us than you think.  Earlier stuff is really difficult for me to listen to...vocals/production/melodies are more to my liking with the later material.  

23 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Yep, there's more of us than you think.  Earlier stuff is really difficult for me to listen to...vocals/production/melodies are more to my liking with the later material.  

I'm in this camp. Good Mourning and This Addiction are a solid 10/10 but I celebrate the entire catalog. Let's just pretend My Shame Is True didn't happen