PO: Between the Buried and Me - Automata I + II

ethereal

• 1 month later...

Got my bullmoose order in yesterday.....turned out to be some guys copy of Deafheaven :(.  So I'm getting a replacement sent out 'soon'.

On 5/31/2018 at 12:04 PM, KingTacoMunster said:

has anyone seen any pressing numbers for other variants?

Did you (or anyone else) get the 'clear' from BM? I have seen a magenta listed on Discogs (this may be the trans purple from BM) and a coke bottle clear overseas. Just curious of any discrepancies before I order some variants. 

29 minutes ago, Black Phillip said:

Got my bullmoose order in yesterday.....turned out to be some guys copy of Deafheaven :(.  So I'm getting a replacement sent out 'soon'.

Did you (or anyone else) get the 'clear' from BM? I have seen a magenta listed on Discogs (this may be the trans purple from BM) and a coke bottle clear overseas. Just curious of any discrepancies before I order some variants. 

Jesus I hope that’s not my copy of deafheaven...and also I haven’t ordered a copy yet but still haven’t seen pressing numbers 

Just now, KingTacoMunster said:

Jesus I hope that’s not my copy of deafheaven...and also I haven’t ordered a copy yet but still haven’t seen pressing numbers 

Some dude in West Virginia...figured I'd just send it back to BM. 

At least Sumerian sent me some codes so I can hear the thing before Summer Slaughter. 

1 minute ago, Shrekular Haze said:

I dedecided to give these guys a chance again. I listened to I & II and am convinced that this is their best work since Colors. I love the heavy sound that they brought back. Time to order.

Nice, man! I am excited to hear A-II after work :)

18 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Although I'm enjoying both of these, the consumer side of me feels like I just got duped into paying $40+ for what should've just been a single 2xLP release.  The fact that II's sides are labeled C/D doesn't help assuage those thoughts.

Everyone got duped imo. That's how Sumerian is when it comes to vinyl. Every Sumerian record I own is pretty standard for packaging and then the cost is above average. Also doesn't help they don't believe in media mail for no legitimate reason.

7 minutes ago, N8TRU1 said:

Everyone got duped imo. That's how Sumerian is when it comes to vinyl. Every Sumerian record I own is pretty standard for packaging and then the cost is above average. Also doesn't help they don't believe in media mail for no legitimate reason.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Sumerian in general.  I don't know if I'd mind it so much if II stood on it's own better too.  To me, it sounds like the back half of an album and not a piece of work that can be enjoyed by itself.  Part I sounded more complete.

12 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Although I'm enjoying both of these, the consumer side of me feels like I just got duped into paying $40+ for what should've just been a single 2xLP release.  The fact that II's sides are labeled C/D doesn't help assuage those thoughts.

Agreed, the album is fantastic. But for a two part album, it feels surprisingly similar to just a normal length BTBAM album lol. Doesn't help that sumerian records is expensive

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, Juturna90 said:

Cool! maybe, if it is around after the holidays..I'll pick it up. looks like a pre-order.

1 hour ago, VinylMario said:

I forget if Sumerian charges right away. Anyone know? Otherwise need to wait for this weekend...

Definitely in for this!

like 90% sure they charge right away. Including the $1,000,000 they charge for shipping or whatever it is.

Still considering that After The Burial / Rareform repress tho.