PO: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Gumboot Soup

ethereal

1 hour ago, TheDuke said:

Well got 1 of each, plus a CD and while I was at it..picked up Poly tri color too....they don't look too bad...might be better in the flesh,  than the mock ups show...we'll see.

In my experience, actual ATO pressings never look as good as the mock-ups.... sometimes noticeably worse.

Meh- I'm done with ATO after my experience with their limited MTU release.

Mine arrived quite messed up; worst damage of any record I've gotten mailed. ATO wasn't very willing to make it right- they don't keep limited release extras aside to replace damaged copies, their UPS smart packet shipping doesnt have insurance and 10% refund compensation they hesitantly offered after a few emails to them seemed half hearted.

I'm sure most records make it fine, but if you really want the limited version that will sell out, keep this in mind

Very surprised those Flightless pressings sold out, I know it's Gizzard and hype is still high, but I thought that pumpkin was gonna linger. Seeing those ATO variants made me very happy with the Gumboot Death. 

5 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Wrong thread I know...but just received my three Salty Dog variants including the drop dead gorgeous Lava Lamp edition..really pleased I got that one, plus the Lime green & 3rd Colour editions. Final Beer Tree has delivered early too, the twisted Stripe version is very bright! :)

I haven't gotten anything in 2018 yet, but I ordered a Lava Lamp as well. Mock up pic looked really similar to a Wax Mage. My mind just went straight from 'all that Polygondwana stuff will arrive in the near future, maybe February'  to 'I wonder if it'll show up tomorrow'

1 hour ago, watchtower41 said:

So as it stands, the ATO Gumboot Stew variant is the most limited pressing at 1,250, and $15 cheaper too at $25.00. ALL IN.  

You'd be surprised how little this matters. Variant-chasing is not about scarcity; it's about whether a particular variant is desirable or not. Decisions are aesthetic/emotional not algorithmic or statistical. 

7 hours ago, e_pott said:

SOOOOOOOOOOOO who knows where I can still purchase a colored variant of this awesome record?

Otherwise someone hit me with their best offer. I am indifferent to color at this point.. just want to own a single copy :)

https://atorecords.shop.musictoday.com/store/

im not sure if a black pressing of this is even in the works. 

• 2 weeks later...