AdBlock Extension Detected!

sketch-logo.png

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our members.

Please disable AdBlock browser extension first, to be able to use our community.

ethereal

PO: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Gumboot Soup

12 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

I have read posts of these Stamp plastered Flightless mailers, but I've never had one...yet! And none of my FTL mailers ever had a postal chit on them either, just my addy and a standard international shipping stamp.

Just odd that get more customs charges on US items than aussie ones...Perhaps, the UK custom agents have something against imports from yankland....mibbe?!

Partially due to the privatisation of Royal Mail (I sincerely cannot believe that happened, btw) but not completely. Maybe Brexit too, somehow?

Canada & UK have had a good mailing history since Canada is still officially a Dominion of GB. Norman, Rough Trade, etc are all copacetic as far as customs fee avoidance goes, at least almost always.

It's Amazon Germany/France and private sellers/Discogs users from UK whose shipments result in charges. As of this year, Amazon charges extra VAT fees for shipments from Europe. UPS called me the other week about an Amazon France shipment. Amazon covered the brokerage fee but they still needed to get my verbal permission for them to do so (smh!).

Not sure about the UK-to-US side of things but I don't think I've ever been dinged for a customs fee from anything US as far as vinyl goes (Again, the US-Canada relationship is a bit of an exception).

It's fascinating stuff to ponder but I often feel I don't really know the whole story with customs fees changes. I wish I did.

19 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

Partially due to the privatisation of Royal Mail (I sincerely cannot believe that happened, btw) but not completely. Maybe Brexit too, somehow?

Canada & UK have had a good mailing history since Canada is still officially a Dominion of GB. Norman, Rough Trade, etc are all copacetic as far as customs fee avoidance goes, at least almost always.

It's Amazon Germany/France and private sellers/Discogs users from UK whose shipments result in charges. As of this year, Amazon charges extra VAT fees for shipments from Europe. UPS called me the other week about an Amazon France shipment. Amazon covered the brokerage fee but they still needed to get my verbal permission for them to do so (smh!).

Not sure about the UK-to-US side of things but I don't think I've ever been dinged for a customs fee from anything US as far as vinyl goes (Again, the US-Canada relationship is a bit of an exception).

It's fascinating stuff to ponder but I often feel I don't really know the whole story with customs fees changes. I wish I did.

Well, I got not one but two Flightless packages today. Happy days! :) Again, no custom charges...but I see what you lot were saying about stamp pasted mailers..both of mine were covered with them too, first time I've had that.  Lots of lovely stamps featuring Tortoises and Roos in them! :D

Good oint about Canada...I keep forgetting the 'English' side is still in the commonwealth...I've ordered records from there too, never been stung with customs yet....just Australia and US. Never bought any records from Amazon...I haven't used Zon in nearly 2 years now, as I prefer to buy odds and sods via Ebay these days, including record purchases. I bought loads of albums from euro psyche bands...again, never had any customs fees so far. Of course that will change when we leave the EU....a damn shame...we shoulda stayed in..better the devil you know and all that. Not that i'm a fan of the way EU commission run things....bunch of dictatorial self serving tossers the lot of 'em..especially that prat Junker. 

One mailer had the Gumboot Death, the other is the new Stonefield album, which I had forgotten I had ordered! Odd then that they weren't put in the same mailer, but I had ordered these separately. So the ATO order is definitely the package I got stung on..that will arrive tomorrow.  Oh..as some of you had mentioned issues with the Gumboots....checked mine..no obvious scratches or marks on it..but still can't play anything yet..as my turntable is still being repaired.....been 2 months now,,,,lords knows what them rapairers taking so long....I haven't played any of my Poly variants and now the Gumboots yet!

Flightless have got the baby blue variant up on site for anybody who wants one, plenty available....I wish I'd waited....just received mine from JB HiFi..and as usual got done with custom charges again!

https://flightlessrecords.com/products/king-gizzard-the-lizard-wizard-gumboot-soup-baby-blue-edition-includes-free-immediate-mp3-download

Edited by TheDuke