PO: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Gumboot Soup

ethereal

12 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

I have read posts of these Stamp plastered Flightless mailers, but I've never had one...yet! And none of my FTL mailers ever had a postal chit on them either, just my addy and a standard international shipping stamp.

Just odd that get more customs charges on US items than aussie ones...Perhaps, the UK custom agents have something against imports from yankland....mibbe?!

Partially due to the privatisation of Royal Mail (I sincerely cannot believe that happened, btw) but not completely. Maybe Brexit too, somehow?

Canada & UK have had a good mailing history since Canada is still officially a Dominion of GB. Norman, Rough Trade, etc are all copacetic as far as customs fee avoidance goes, at least almost always.

It's Amazon Germany/France and private sellers/Discogs users from UK whose shipments result in charges. As of this year, Amazon charges extra VAT fees for shipments from Europe. UPS called me the other week about an Amazon France shipment. Amazon covered the brokerage fee but they still needed to get my verbal permission for them to do so (smh!).

Not sure about the UK-to-US side of things but I don't think I've ever been dinged for a customs fee from anything US as far as vinyl goes (Again, the US-Canada relationship is a bit of an exception).

It's fascinating stuff to ponder but I often feel I don't really know the whole story with customs fees changes. I wish I did.