Boycott Uline

10 minutes ago, streetwaves said:

Please continue to sit on your hands and do nothing.

Please continue to be a SJW for us all.  I am sure the 10 record mailers a year you are now no longer buying from them will surely crumble their shipping empire.  It will crumble right along Hobby Lobby and Chik-Fil-a.

23 hours ago, streetwaves said:

I stopped using Uline mailers once I found out about the douchebags who own and run the company. The Uihlein family loves to support Far-Right Republicans like alleged child molester Roy Moore. I also urge you to ask retailers to stop using their product as well.

Let us know when you stop ordering from every company that uses those mailers too.

On 1/4/2018 at 11:15 AM, stl_ben said:

Please continue to be a SJW for us all.  I am sure the 10 record mailers a year you are now no longer buying from them will surely crumble their shipping empire.  It will crumble right along Hobby Lobby and Chik-Fil-a.

Thanks for letting us know where you stand on racism and homophobia. 

2 hours ago, streetwaves said:

Thanks for letting us know where you stand on racism and homophobia. 

Jesus christ dude, you really gonna start accusing users of being homoohobes and racists because they don't want to stand shoulder to shoulder with you on this?

You can take whatever stance on whatever issue you want, but don't use this as a vehicle to shame and mislabel our community members.

Eh... while his reaction may have been on the extreme side, @stl_ben response was piss poor.  I'll let @streetwaves speak for himself here, but I'd point out that he didn't say Ben was racist and homophobic.  I took it more as Ben doesn't see value in making a stand against such problems if he deems it minor/useless, and was called out on that.

I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, daegor said:

Eh... while his reaction may have been on the extreme side, @stl_ben response was piss poor.  I'll let @streetwaves speak for himself here, but I'd point out that he didn't say Ben was racist and homophobic.  I took it more as Ben doesn't see value in making a stand against such problems if he deems it minor/useless, and was called out on that.

I could be wrong.

This is the internet in 2018. We both know exactly what was implied and exactly where this thread is heading. I don't care if it was Ben or a user I actually like, if this thread was created with good intentions and spreading awareness then it can exist in that capacity, if it's a going to be a platform for certain users to flaunt how virtuous they are at the expense of others who are casual criticizing the subject then we can just lock this up and you guys can take it to your personal social media accounts.

• jhulud locked this topic