PO: The Posies - The Classic 1990's Album Reissues

• 3 years later...

Absurdly priced, be warned. Presumably due to getting screwed over by Pledge Music from the sounds of it.

Limited-edition collection of The Posies Geffen albums in slipcase. LPs are on colored vinyl.

We’re really pleased to at long last, offer these to you Posies fans the way we had originally intended. There are about 200 CD sets and slightly less than 150 LP sets, so this sale is to our mailing list only.

http://omnivorerecordings.com/shop/the-geffen-years/

This month’s special sale is truly special. For those who have been following along with us, and jumped on the Omnivore train because of your love of great pop music, you may remember that in our efforts to reissue The Posies albums (Dear 23, Frosting On The Beater, and Amazing Disgrace) we had a Pledge Music campaign. We had to do this to offset the tremendous costs of putting these out the way the band and Omnivore wanted them presented—with attention to detail, quality and making them as comprehensive as possible. The Posies guys being the awesome guys they are, jumped in whole-heartedly. How were any of us to know that Pledge would crash and burn, and take the money with it? We had zero recourse, because Pledge was a company located in the UK. All our efforts were for naught and we wound up in the hole. Further, when we changed distributors, we couldn’t locate the special colored vinyl we’d made for the campaign in the warehouse.

Well, we had to change distributors again last year and some of our missing stock showed up. So we made up as many slipcase sets as we could and are going to offer them to you with some other Posies paraphernalia. All three double CDs in a special slipcase for CD lovers and all three double LPs (on exclusive colored vinyl) in a special slipcase. One time only, while they last and please one per customer (of each configuration).

We’re really pleased to at long last, offer these to you Posies fans the way we had originally intended. There are about 200 CD sets and slightly less than 150 LP sets, so this sale is to our mailing list only. Thanks for hanging in there with us Posies people. There are good things on the horizon, but while we’re cooking those things up, spin some great sounding classic Posies this summer!

In addition to the CD & LP collections, we’re inducing a handful of other Posies items that have turned up after moving to a new warehouse.

On 6/19/2021 at 1:49 PM, dfresh said:

3 albums for 239 dollars + shipping? Whoa. Love the band but that's too rich for me.

Ditto that! $80 per album is pretty insane. 

Assuming that Frosting... is the same master as the 2018 version, it sounds totally amazing. One of the best sounding records in my collection. Pressed at 45rpm too. That caused me to look it up just now and I found this offered by Popmarket for super cheap. Worth taking a shot at, since there aren't other pressings of this that PM could mistake it for. https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1516453159

Edited by danyc

On 6/19/2021 at 1:49 PM, dfresh said:

3 albums for 239 dollars + shipping? Whoa. Love the band but that's too rich for me.

4 hours ago, danyc said:

Ditto that! $80 per album is pretty insane. 

Assuming that Frosting... is the same master as the 2018 version, it sounds totally amazing. One of the best sounding records in my collection. Pressed at 45rpm too. That caused me to look it up just now and I found this offered by Popmarket for super cheap. Worth taking a shot at, since there aren't other pressings of this that PM could mistake it for. https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1516453159

Just a tip: if POP.MARKET is the Discogs seller check their own site where 1) shipping is free domestically 2) they always have coupons (POP15 for 15% off) and 3) it's often cheaper (no Discogs fee).

I just bought this for $20.60 shipped to my house.