New dada 7” single - a steal at $60!

LINK

The wait is over. The undeniably greatest alternative rock band of the 90s is back with a new 7” single.

A bargain at the retail price of $125, the new single from these rock legends is an absolute steal at only $60* (or just $30 a song!). 

Only 500 copies pressed, so you know there’s only enough to satisfy the insatiable appetite of 1-in-100 dada enthusiasts.

And I didn’t even mention each copy is fully autographed by the band, making this is the next best long term investment after dividend-paying blue chip stocks.

Yes, the wait is over. You can finally own new material from what can only be called the finest band in a generation or more. 

You're welcome. 

dadavinylonsale.jpg?format=1500w

*plus postage

Haha. I know nothing about Dada but those two songs are actually pretty cool.

This feels like the band equivalent of your aunt/uncle thinking the box of overproduced 70s albums in their garage would "probably go for a lot on eBay". I also like to imagine the company who pressed these charging them 40 per unit and the band are just trying to make a small profit.

Edited by swb

8 minutes ago, swb said:

Haha. I know nothing about Dada but those two songs are actually pretty cool.

Also, for those that don’t know, dada (they seem to insist on the lower case) were a one-hit wonder (Dizz Knee Land) from the early/mid 90s that rode the wave of collage radio craziness with bands like Better Than Ezra (Good), EMF (Unbelievable), King Missle (Detachable Penis) and the now completely forgotten Radiohead (Creep). 

20 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Also, for those that don’t know, dada (they seem to insist on the lower case) were a one-hit wonder (Dizz Knee Land) from the early/mid 90s that rode the wave of collage radio craziness with bands like Better Than Ezra (Good), EMF (Unbelievable), King Missle (Detachable Penis) and the now completely forgotten Radiohead (Creep). 

Also relevant - their fan base is small and trends older obviously, but is fairly rabid. I went to see them when they went through St. Louis a few years ago. I have no doubt a lot of these singles will be snapped up in short order, regardless of the price. 

12 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Also relevant - their fan base is small and trends older obviously, but is fairly rabid. I went to see them when they went through St. Louis a few years ago. I have no doubt a lot of these singles will be snapped up in short order, regardless of the price. 

Yeah. I read through the comments on the Facebook post that I shared above. It looks like a small group of people viewed this as a hybrid fundraiser/collector's item/shared fan experience and were glad to dish out $125 to a band they love that needs their help to keep releasing new music. It seems like that well has dried up a bit over the last 7 months and they want to move their remaining stock for half their original asking price.

The fact that this was marketed straight to their cult following makes it less offensive than the price tag on it's own suggests, IMO. Also IMO, they could have done this same thing and given fans the same special feeling of participating by charging $45 out of the gate. Oh well.

My band opened for them and it was an interesting show. The entire demographic was older people and I met some people who drove really far to see them in LA. I had never even heard of them but these people were talking about them to the highest regard, screaming for them while they performed.