Record Store Day 2018

On 2/10/2018 at 4:58 PM, VinylMario said:

Would love to see Control Denied box set!

What all could go in a box set? Wasn't there just the one album? It always seemed weird to me that there was no pressing around the time the Death catalog got represses to benefit Chuck's medical fund... but those pressings were really shitty SQ wise so I guess that's for the best? I dunno, all I know is that I want em and the /500 from 10 years ago keeps getting more expensive every time I check.

Hoping for some cool jazz stuff... been on a bit of a binge lately. Does anyone's local still have those Miles Davis Prestige 10" box sets from a few RSDs ago? Trying to get my hands on em and figured I'd see if anyone saw them in a clearance bin for cheaper than Discogs. They were pretty damn cheap for a while but it's climbing back up.

3 hours ago, pizza face said:

Waiting for any Marilyn Manson repress. This year is the 20th anniversary of Mechanical Animals but I doubt it would happen

Yeah, we got a fucking cassette for Antichrist Superstar so RIP dreams.

My only small comfort is that this girl I went out with for a while was a huge Manson nerd and things didn't end great so that kind of made me less eager to spend OOP prices on his stuff...

But put it the fuck back in print thx

Edited by Rezqua

20 hours ago, Rezqua said:

Yeah, we got a fucking cassette for Antichrist Superstar so RIP dreams.

My only small comfort is that this girl I went out with for a while was a huge Manson nerd and things didn't end great so that kind of made me less eager to spend OOP prices on his stuff...

But put it the fuck back in print thx

I mean.... he's got to run out of money for Bolivian marching powder eventually, right?  shut up and take my money, i would buy everything from Portrait through Holy Wood in a heartbeat.  A buddy of mine had that HT pressing of Antichrist and it sounded like crap.  Love me some classic Manson though.

1 hour ago, thesecrets0308 said:

I mean.... he's got to run out of money for Bolivian marching powder eventually, right?  shut up and take my money, i would buy everything from Portrait through Holy Wood in a heartbeat.  A buddy of mine had that HT pressing of Antichrist and it sounded like crap.  Love me some classic Manson though.

Yeah, the HT pressing was less than stellar. Had an OG Antichrist that bumped but it was a white label promo one and someone offered me ~$200 and I sold it. That was a while ago and it looks like prices have spiked even harder and that wouldn't even be as crazy of an offer anymore (I got it for $100). 

If Holy Wood gets RP'd I hope it has the acoustic Nobodies from one of the old pressings, really liked that as an endcap to the album.