Record Store Day 2018

6 minutes ago, necroking said:

Awesome. As you said just need ringmaster. Also hoping for bizzar / bizaar

Oh yeah and hells pit. And terror wheel if we're counting the sideshow eps. I got Beverly kills recently and took the chance since it's a picture disc but I think that's the last pic disc I'll ever purchase. It doesn't sound horrible but definitely not the best. I scored dog beats sealed from amoeba for $7.19 this week...  wasn't gonna buy it but at that price why not. I feel like bizzar/bizaar would be on picture discs if they were to get pressed tho. I'm just hoping this AJB packaging isn't lackluster like milenko was. 

On 2/26/2018 at 7:29 PM, Bladewillisisdead said:

Holy fuck, No Sleep is still putting out records?

Yeah and some of them are actually decent. As pointed out above I'm looking forward to albums from Charmer, Death of a Nation, Koji?, and a new signing that's from my city called No Better.

Maybe I'll go this year? Last year I just ordered happily online. But maybe a Sufjan release would tide me over.

Edited by MCDELTAT

5 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Yeah and some of them are actually decent. As pointed out above I'm looking forward to albums from Charmer, Death of a Nation, Koji?, and a new signing that's from my city called No Better.

I just figured after all their bands jumped ship and they weren't fulfilling their subscriptions they had kinda vanished. Last time I heard any mention of them was that Shai Hulud EP a couple years ago.

Attitude Adjustment! Old California thrash band. Nice... 

Ok maybe ICP. I'd rather take a double LP of Jugganauts tho...

And the colored Super Joint Ritual

I'm about 3 that might make me go this year so far...

My wife's got that day off this year, plus it falls on my b day

Come on RSD! Make it worth it!

I may not go cuz I'm gonna see Anthrax the night before. But if there's more good stuff, it may justify me standing in line for a couple hours with little or no sleep...

7 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Those are the exact types of releases I was expecting to see when I clicked. I am surprised that none of them are picture discs though.

Yeah, superfluous at best. We got the full Stage album with the latest boxset + as a standalone release. And Stage is not a good live album (IMO - come on, that keyboard-ladden version of Ziggy Stardust...) - the Cracked Actor release on the other hand was a great release. But I guess the Bowie vault to a high degree has been emptied (though the "Toy" album and leftovers from "1. outside" would be great).  But I guess flippermania will be all over these releases untill people realize the pressingnumbers will be in 20000 or 30000-something.

Sigh, never let it be said that I'm anything but a sucker for 3xLP live Bowie RSD albums.

I guess I'll have to order from Juno or Norman, whichever has it for cheaper. I was 8th in line last year in front of my shop and all the Cracked Actors were nabbed by the time I got to where they'd been stacked so I'm not repeating that mistake again.

6 hours ago, Dunc said:

No shit! Maybe it's nostalgia?

I tried listening to Great Milenko a couple months ago to see if there was any nostalgia there because admittedly everyone I knew including myself were into that album in the 8th grade when it came out.  But I had enough  riiiiight about when a lyric about a 13 year old came on.