Record Store Day 2018

That Motörhead 7" pic disc is probably the worst RSD release ever.

"MOTÖRHEAD will release a seven-inch picture disc of its cover version of David Bowie's "Heroes" on Record Store Day, the annual celebration of the annual celebration of independent record stores, taking place on Saturday, April 21. The single's art will be a new "sketch" take on the classic war-pig. The flip-side will be "Heroes (The Wacken Family Choir Mix)" with previously unheard audio of the crowd at 2017's Wacken Open Air festival singing along to the single as it was being officially launched via the festival P.A., an emotional moment of celebration and tribute which can now be shared globally."

23 minutes ago, nico said:

That Motörhead 7" pic disc is probably the worst RSD release ever.

"MOTÖRHEAD will release a seven-inch picture disc of its cover version of David Bowie's "Heroes" on Record Store Day, the annual celebration of the annual celebration of independent record stores, taking place on Saturday, April 21. The single's art will be a new "sketch" take on the classic war-pig. The flip-side will be "Heroes (The Wacken Family Choir Mix)" with previously unheard audio of the crowd at 2017's Wacken Open Air festival singing along to the single as it was being officially launched via the festival P.A., an emotional moment of celebration and tribute which can now be shared globally."

Agreed

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Real talk: I once overheard two of my coworkers talking about how much better this was than the original.

My boss saw them perform this on Conan or some shit one night and came in to work the next day, pulled me aside to tell me about how powerful it was, and got choked up just recollecting it. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to run. I wanted to laugh. I was paralyzed. It was an out of body experience. 

Edited by docbronze

5 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Real talk: I once overheard two of my coworkers talking about how much better this was than the original.

You're the boss, isn't that grounds for termination?

6 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I just can’t believe that the picture disc is literally just his face as the design.  Someone actually green lit that idea and ordered a plant to waste enough material to make that happen.  3,000 times.

Is this why his mom kicked his ass in that one song? That'd make sense. 

5 hours ago, docbronze said:

My boss saw them perform this on Conan or some shit one night and came in to work the next day, pulled me aside to tell me about how powerful it was, and got choked up just recollecting it. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to run. I wanted to laugh. I was paralyzed. It was an out of body experience. 

goddammit, you made me google it

7 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

One of my coworkers got really confused when he asked me if I was a Disturbed fan and I said no. He said he had me pegged as one... what am I fucking doing to give off that impression? Gross.